MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Siggy.12
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/05/21
Send PM

Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament Reset Glitch (Japan 930911)
#389387 - 01/05/21 02:54 AM

Hello to everyone
today this happen to me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Vm5k8kRR4

with MAME 0.227 and Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament (Japan 930911)

is this normal on the CPS2 Board ?
the most strange thing is that the glitch on the video is on Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and not the Tournament version like I was playing....

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament Reset Glitch (Japan 930911) new [Re: Siggy.12]
#389390 - 01/05/21 05:43 AM

> Hello to everyone
> today this happen to me
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Vm5k8kRR4
>
> with MAME 0.227 and Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament (Japan 930911)
>
> is this normal on the CPS2 Board ?
> the most strange thing is that the glitch on the video is on Super Street Fighter 2
> Turbo and not the Tournament version like I was playing....

People should recheck their roms before claiming there is a glitch or what ever. I been using clrmamepro to recheck the sets on every MAME releases.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Siggy.12
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament Reset Glitch (Japan 930911) new [Re: Dullaron]
#389398 - 01/05/21 09:53 PM

> > Hello to everyone
> > today this happen to me
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Vm5k8kRR4
> >
> > with MAME 0.227 and Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament (Japan 930911)
> >
> > is this normal on the CPS2 Board ?
> > the most strange thing is that the glitch on the video is on Super Street Fighter 2
> > Turbo and not the Tournament version like I was playing....
>
> People should recheck their roms before claiming there is a glitch or what ever. I
> been using clrmamepro to recheck the sets on every MAME releases.

Hello Dullaron,
Thank You for the reply,
OK!! I have used clrmamepro as You suggested and everythings is ok about super street fighter 2 but to be honest all the set is OK, what's to do now about this ?
did someone already know it ?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament Reset Glitch (Japan 930911) new [Re: Siggy.12]
#389401 - 01/05/21 11:56 PM

> > > Hello to everyone
> > > today this happen to me
> > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Vm5k8kRR4
> > >
> > > with MAME 0.227 and Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament (Japan 930911)
> > >
> > > is this normal on the CPS2 Board ?
> > > the most strange thing is that the glitch on the video is on Super Street Fighter
> 2
> > > Turbo and not the Tournament version like I was playing....
> >
> > People should recheck their roms before claiming there is a glitch or what ever. I
> > been using clrmamepro to recheck the sets on every MAME releases.
>
> Hello Dullaron,
> Thank You for the reply,
> OK!! I have used clrmamepro as You suggested and everythings is ok about super street
> fighter 2 but to be honest all the set is OK, what's to do now about this ?
> did someone already know it ?

This has reset happened more than once? Can you make it happen again? This video is very old and unsure what version of MAME it was made with. We don't know if the same fighters are involved with your witnessed reset, or any other factors. The only way you'll get anyone to look at it is if you are running and recording your video/play or inputs proving that, indeed, you are using the current version from mamedev.org, freshly installed. Given you aren't using the parent in your case, the later revisions of the game's code may have fixed such hard to diagnose issues.

Siggy.12
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Super Street Fighter 2 Tournament Reset Glitch (Japan 930911) new [Re: Tafoid]
#389407 - 01/06/21 11:55 AM

> This has reset happened more than once? Can you make it happen again? This video is
> very old and unsure what version of MAME it was made with. We don't know if the same
> fighters are involved with your witnessed reset, or any other factors. The only way
> you'll get anyone to look at it is if you are running and recording your video/play
> or inputs proving that, indeed, you are using the current version from mamedev.org,
> freshly installed. Given you aren't using the parent in your case, the later
> revisions of the game's code may have fixed such hard to diagnose issues.

Hello Tafoid,
Thank You of your reply,
Yes You have to use Sagat an You have to do aganist Zangief used by the CPU (don't know if happen always) if during the match You do a tiger shot and then a immediately a Tiger Knee Crush the game will reset as It happen in this video, to me this happen on (latest at today version of Mame) MAME 0.227 and Super street fighter 2 Tournament (Japan 930911), To be honest I don't know if this happen on CPS2 Board as well like mentioned here too
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps2-board-strange-auto-reset-help.9472/
but some guy there talk about how to solve it on real board please read the topic.

Edited by Siggy.12 (01/06/21 11:59 AM)

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#389408 - 01/06/21 12:33 PM

> > This has reset happened more than once? Can you make it happen again? This video is
> > very old and unsure what version of MAME it was made with. We don't know if the
> same
> > fighters are involved with your witnessed reset, or any other factors. The only way
> > you'll get anyone to look at it is if you are running and recording your video/play
> > or inputs proving that, indeed, you are using the current version from mamedev.org,
> > freshly installed. Given you aren't using the parent in your case, the later
> > revisions of the game's code may have fixed such hard to diagnose issues.
>
> Hello Tafoid,
> Thank You of your reply,
> Yes You have to use Sagat an You have to do aganist Zangief used by the CPU (don't
> know if happen always) if during the match You do a tiger shot and then a immediately
> a Tiger Knee Crush the game will reset as It happen in this video, to me this happen
> on (latest at today version of Mame) MAME 0.227 and Super street fighter 2 Tournament
> (Japan 930911), To be honest I don't know if this happen on CPS2 Board as well like
> mentioned here too
> https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/cps2-board-strange-auto-reset-help.9472/
> but some guy there talk about how to solve it on real board please read the topic.

Given that people have seen it happen on a PCB, it's just a bug in the real game.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 563 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 678