MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Prince_Ales
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/24/09
Send PM

Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225
#388080 - 10/03/20 05:30 PM

fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and Super Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225 new [Re: Prince_Ales]
#388081 - 10/03/20 06:00 PM

> fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and Super
> Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal

It'll be a bug in the sprite serialiser that was converted to a device. That’s a symptom of the protection check failing. I guess expecting things to be tested is too much to ask...

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225 new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#388083 - 10/03/20 09:14 PM

> > fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and Super
> > Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal
>
> It'll be a bug in the sprite serialiser that was converted to a device. That’s a
> symptom of the protection check failing. I guess expecting things to be tested is too
> much to ask...

Was that a cam900 commit? Because he literally doesn't test anything. I don't see why we still accept his pull requests.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225 new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#388085 - 10/03/20 09:49 PM

> > > fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and Super
> > > Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal
> >
> > It'll be a bug in the sprite serialiser that was converted to a device. That’s a
> > symptom of the protection check failing. I guess expecting things to be tested is
> too
> > much to ask...
>
> Was that a cam900 commit? Because he literally doesn't test anything. I don't see why
> we still accept his pull requests.

Confirmed breakage:
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/612bf6546f096b92e5bd028813c99fa54e1604e1

My daily binary testing for September 13 (ok) and September 14 (00 time) with the fatfury2 3rd Match condition noted. I used some -cheat to expedite the testing and to make sure I could actually get to that point, however.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225 new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#388125 - 10/07/20 07:27 PM

> > > fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and Super
> > > Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal
> >
> > It'll be a bug in the sprite serialiser that was converted to a device. That’s a
> > symptom of the protection check failing. I guess expecting things to be tested is
> too
> > much to ask...
>
> Was that a cam900 commit? Because he literally doesn't test anything. I don't see why
> we still accept his pull requests.

I'll admit, it is starting to worry me where he's getting some of his information and if it might be compromising the project.

He clearly didn't pull the numbers out of his rear end, but at the same time, must have got them from somewhere, because you can't make that kind of change 'blind', it requires research, studying of the functions etc.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225 new [Re: Haze]
#388126 - 10/07/20 07:32 PM

> > > > fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and
> Super
> > > > Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal
> > >
> > > It'll be a bug in the sprite serialiser that was converted to a device. That’s a
> > > symptom of the protection check failing. I guess expecting things to be tested is
> > too
> > > much to ask...
> >
> > Was that a cam900 commit? Because he literally doesn't test anything. I don't see
> why
> > we still accept his pull requests.
>
> I'll admit, it is starting to worry me where he's getting some of his information and
> if it might be compromising the project.
>
> He clearly didn't pull the numbers out of his rear end, but at the same time, must
> have got them from somewhere, because you can't make that kind of change 'blind', it
> requires research, studying of the functions etc.

The chip has been decapped and people have made functional replacements for it. The knowledge is pretty well-known. He probably worked off this page but screwed up his bitswap: https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=PRO-CT0

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Fatal Fury 2 and Super Sidekicks Not Working on Mame 0.225 new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#388127 - 10/07/20 07:34 PM

> > > > > fatal fury 2 does not working on the 3rd Match the time is 00 not start and
> > Super
> > > > > Sidekicks not working after scoring 3rd goal
> > > >
> > > > It'll be a bug in the sprite serialiser that was converted to a device. That’s
> a
> > > > symptom of the protection check failing. I guess expecting things to be tested
> is
> > > too
> > > > much to ask...
> > >
> > > Was that a cam900 commit? Because he literally doesn't test anything. I don't see
> > why
> > > we still accept his pull requests.
> >
> > I'll admit, it is starting to worry me where he's getting some of his information
> and
> > if it might be compromising the project.
> >
> > He clearly didn't pull the numbers out of his rear end, but at the same time, must
> > have got them from somewhere, because you can't make that kind of change 'blind',
> it
> > requires research, studying of the functions etc.
>
> The chip has been decapped and people have made functional replacements for it. The
> knowledge is pretty well-known. He probably worked off this page but screwed up his
> bitswap: https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=PRO-CT0

ah, that's more reassuring then

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 635