MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

How to record a gameplay video with bgfx scanlines on it?
#386884 - 06/27/20 06:11 PM

Is there any way to record a MAME gameplay with bgfx shaders recorded on it?

Voltron
ArcadeGamer
Reged: 06/18/20
Send PM

Re: How to record a gameplay video with bgfx scanlines on it? new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#386886 - 06/27/20 06:40 PM

> Is there any way to record a MAME gameplay with bgfx shaders recorded on it?

I do it all the time...actually all the videos on my YT channel are using BGFX with a modified .json file...if you have an Nvidia GPU, then use Shadow Play to record the video.

Here is my example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ykb8OpfDYA

John IV
IV/Play, MAME, MAMEUI
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Washington, USA
Send PM

Re: How to record a gameplay video with bgfx scanlines on it? new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#386888 - 06/27/20 07:38 PM

Windows 10 has the recording built in, using windows key + g to bring up the overlay system.

You'll have to enable it if not already in settings / gaming / x-box game bar.

There are also dedicated recorders for your graphic card in the AMD Adrenaline suite and in NVIDIAs too I assume.

john iv
http://www.mameui.info/

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: How to record a gameplay video with bgfx scanlines on it? new [Re: John IV]
#386889 - 06/27/20 08:08 PM

> Windows 10 has the recording built in, using windows key + g to bring up the overlay
> system.
>
> You'll have to enable it if not already in settings / gaming / x-box game bar.
>
> There are also dedicated recorders for your graphic card in the AMD Adrenaline suite
> and in NVIDIAs too I assume.

Thank you John IV, I'll try this Win10 built-in recorder. I have an AMD GPU but it's not a powerful one. It's a Radeon R5.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

#386893 - 06/27/20 10:32 PM

The Win10 built-in recorder works, but the image quality of the mp4 output is pretty low.

Is there any way to increase the output quality of the recorded video? The recorder itself does not have any resolution options in it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 548 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 566