MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next.
#386211 - 05/14/20 02:20 AM

I'll give you one guess

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

got any good news? [nt] new [Re: Smitdogg]
#386212 - 05/14/20 02:54 AM Attachment: daly_marithe.jpg 160 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: got any good news? [nt] new [Re: Andrew]
#386213 - 05/14/20 02:59 AM

This cheese burrito is particularly excellent.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: got any good news? [nt] new [Re: Andrew]
#386214 - 05/14/20 03:00 AM

The good news is it didn't happen when we grew up or else there wouldn't have been arcades.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#386221 - 05/14/20 04:12 PM

> I'll give you one guess

My guess is, "Why is this shit not being posted at the War Room"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: Foxhack]
#386224 - 05/14/20 08:27 PM

Because it isn't politics it's life. I'm sick of the way you guys are trying to get stuff sent to the war room, I'm just going to delete the stupid war room.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#386227 - 05/14/20 09:06 PM

> Because it isn't politics it's life. I'm sick of the way you guys are trying to get
> stuff sent to the war room, I'm just going to delete the stupid war room.

Sure, I don't mind yet another forum getting overrun by racist shitlords who are suddenly told it's fine to smear their shit all over the walls.

You keep that shit contained to a single forum where they can do the least damage, or you risk a bunch of the forum's userbase leaving or revolting. Letting the Trump cultists run free NEVER TURNS OUT FOR THE BETTER.

mike20599
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/14/08
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: Foxhack]
#386229 - 05/14/20 09:35 PM

Waaah, anyone who disagrees with me is a racist!

> Sure, I don't mind yet another forum getting overrun by racist shitlords who are
> suddenly told it's fine to smear their shit all over the walls.
>
> You keep that shit contained to a single forum where they can do the least damage, or
> you risk a bunch of the forum's userbase leaving or revolting. Letting the Trump
> cultists run free NEVER TURNS OUT FOR THE BETTER.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#386231 - 05/14/20 09:38 PM

I'm stuck in my fucking house for 1-? years and you want to come to my website and tell me I can't talk about it.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#386232 - 05/14/20 09:45 PM

>A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during
>a pandemic. Guess what happened next.

I'll give the church choir a pass on this because iirc that practice rehearsal happened in late February or early March and there had not been full knowledge of how easily spreadable the virus was until that had happened. The church congregation that should know better by now is the Tabernacle church in Central, Louisiana that kept showing up for services conducted by that minister Tony Spell even though there were already a few casualties of church members from that congregation.

>to the war room, I'm just going to delete the stupid war room.

I'll trade the loss of the war room forum in hopes of being able to get back undumped Wiki web site. If undumped Wiki can't be rescued, back to unMAMEd unless there is a different site altogether that has almost everything that undumped Wiki had.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#386233 - 05/14/20 09:54 PM

> Because it isn't politics it's life. I'm sick of the way you guys are trying to get
> stuff sent to the war room, I'm just going to delete the stupid war room.

The pandemic in and of itself is not politics.

Stupid people in and of itself is not politics.

The protests, the reactions and policies of various state and federal governments, etc., in regards to the pandemic is very much political. Maybe not 100% of the time, but the majority for sure, and to pretend that it is not is choosing to watch that portion of our timeline through partial blinders; only seeing what you want to see.

And to assume conversations on that topic won't take a political turn, simply because it is posted in the Loony Bin, is either naive, or irresponsible. Naive, for believing that that might not happen, after being part of this same community for over twenty years. Or irresponsible, for knowing it might happen, but pretending it won't, simply because it shouldn't because it was posted in the Loony Bin.

I'm the one that moved the thread. You moved it back. Fine. Don't go and throw a fit, though, and delete the War Room, because I made a decision that you don't agree with. That shit needs to stay at the bottom of the forum. If that shit ends up in the Loony Bin, then I and many other people need a way to block seeing the Loony Bin, because we don't want to see that shit when we come to our community video game forum. There are other outlets for that stuff. If it comes to that, then I'll just set individual bookmarks for forums I need to see, and I'll never view the Main Index page again.

And sorry... this is not YOUR website. This is Roc & KC's website. It now happens to be owned by Rick. And you, me, and some others are Administrators here. But none of the Administrators here OWN this website. If anything, this website belongs to the MAME community, and I take pride in being part of that.

If you're getting cabin fever and need to vent silly stuff, then the Loony Bin is the place. (Loony... silly... right?). If you need to vent anger and stuff... please remember that 99% of us don't come here to get angry... we come here to get away from all that stuff. We come here specifically to NOT see it.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#386234 - 05/14/20 10:03 PM

It's not you moving the thread that annoys me, it's people telling me I can't talk about covid in the loony bin.

I outrank (the hell out of) everyone still around. Roc and KC are gone, and also if you didn't know Roc gave the site rights to Rick.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: gregf]
#386235 - 05/14/20 10:04 PM

Hmm, I just saw something about it on the news and thought it just happened, didn't know it was in Feb.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#386236 - 05/14/20 10:35 PM

> It's not you moving the thread that annoys me, it's people telling me I can't talk
> about covid in the loony bin.

It's not that you can't talk about covid. We CAN talk about it. We can talk about prevention, and how we're dealing with this. But inevitably, the Trump taint lickers will turn it into the usual BUH MUH FREEDOMS bullshit we have to deal with EVERYWHERE ELSE because THEY refuse to believe that the virus is a real thing. And because the people you're complaining about? That's them. That's ALL THEM. ALWAYS THEM. They're the goddamn reason we're all stuck at home now, because they refuse to shut their orange and brown colored mouths and stay inside like we ALL should.

I know I'm not worth anything when it comes to user "value" here on this forum but I don't want this place to go to hell because you insist on putting topics like this in a place where most of us come to to try to have a little fun.

I could say a loooooooooot more than this, but I'm honestly too fucking tired of everyone.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#386237 - 05/14/20 10:40 PM

There are tens of millions of Trump supporters, I can't control them, and if you hate them so much then why did you read the threads? Why do you visit the war room? What's the difference to you if you read it there or here?

It's a waste to post things there anyway because only a few people read it.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#386239 - 05/14/20 10:49 PM

> There are tens of millions of Trump supporters, I can't control them, and if you hate
> them so much then why did you read the threads? Why do you visit the war room? What's
> the difference to you if you read it there or here?

The War Room isn't linked up there in the forum list. If it stays contained there, that's good enough for most of us.

> It's a waste to post things there anyway because only a few people read it.

Yes, only the people who are willing to subject themselves to that place will read it. Like it should be.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#386240 - 05/14/20 11:01 PM

The war room has turned into something people cry when they are the least bit offended. Tough shit. Even from day 1 on the old forums in the year 2000 the loony bin was labeled "not for the feint of heart". It's just text, it's not going to bite you. Anyway it's not going to turn into a politics forum. There was months/years between posts in the war room until recently, and the new stuff is all covid talk, and people telling me we can't talk about covid in the loony bin has pissed me off.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#386241 - 05/14/20 11:05 PM

> It's not you moving the thread that annoys me, it's people telling me I can't talk
> about covid in the loony bin.
>
> I outrank (the hell out of) everyone still around. Roc and KC are gone, and also if
> you didn't know Roc gave the site rights to Rick.

Read my post again... I know Roc and KC are gone, and that Rick owns the site. But in heart, this is still their site, as it has remained practically unchanged in the whole time that Rick has owned it. And though some old-timers have gone, and some new new new batch have arrived, it's still the same basic community.

If by outrank, you mean most posts, sure, you rank the hell out of everyone. Dumping Union? Definitely important, and greatly appreciated. Keeping things running since Twisty's departure? Very grateful that you stepped up to the responsibility for it.

That you have free reign, and can post whatever you want, just because you are you, no... not one person signed up for this forum has those privileges.

Read posts again, for what the people are trying to convey. Not saying "You can't do that." Saying "Please, we REALLY don't want to see that stuff here. We come here to get away from that stuff. Please respect our wishes, also."

If you want to do it, then do it. But do it, knowing that you are going to frustrate and aggravate a bunch of people and push them away, just because you want to vent. And if you're okay with that, then so be it. And as said before, if you get rid of the War Room, and that stuff makes its way up to the Loony Bin, then expect the same but exponentially.

And lastly, if by outrank, you've been here the longest... you've been here less than 61 hours longer than me on the new forums, and that's only because it took two days since new forum inception for you guys to send out invites. If we're talking ever... I was on the old forums thirteen months before you. Celebrated my 20th anniversary being involved with MAME last December: 12/02/99 04:10 PM

Not that that means anything.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#386242 - 05/14/20 11:17 PM

> > It's not you moving the thread that annoys me, it's people telling me I can't talk
> > about covid in the loony bin.
> >
> > I outrank (the hell out of) everyone still around. Roc and KC are gone, and also if
> > you didn't know Roc gave the site rights to Rick.
>
> Read my post again... I know Roc and KC are gone, and that Rick owns the site. But in
> heart, this is still their site, as it has remained practically unchanged in the
> whole time that Rick has owned it. And though some old-timers have gone, and some new
> new new batch have arrived, it's still the same basic community.

The only people who ever outranked me are Roc, KC and Twisty, and they are all gone. I bought, installed, and paid a coder to customize this forum. I'm the first user. I run the show. MT and DU work is there too.

> If by outrank, you mean most posts, sure, you rank the hell out of everyone. Dumping
> Union? Definitely important, and greatly appreciated. Keeping things running since
> Twisty's departure? Very grateful that you stepped up to the responsibility for it.
>
> That you have free reign, and can post whatever you want, just because you are you,
> no... not one person signed up for this forum has those privileges.

I created The War Room. I made it. I can delete it.

> Read posts again, for what the people are trying to convey. Not saying "You can't do
> that." Saying "Please, we REALLY don't want to see that stuff here. We come here to
> get away from that stuff. Please respect our wishes, also."

We can lock or delete threads.

> If you want to do it, then do it. But do it, knowing that you are going to frustrate
> and aggravate a bunch of people and push them away, just because you want to vent.
> And if you're okay with that, then so be it. And as said before, if you get rid of
> the War Room, and that stuff makes its way up to the Loony Bin, then expect the same
> but exponentially.
>
> And lastly, if by outrank, you've been here the longest... you've been here less than
> 61 hours longer than me on the new forums, and that's only because it took two days
> since new forum inception for you guys to send out invites. If we're talking ever...
> I was on the old forums thirteen months before you. Celebrated my 20th anniversary
> being involved with MAME last December: 12/02/99 04:10 PM
>
> Not that that means anything.

I literally created these forums and pretty sure I'm the one that gave you your power here? I don't remember.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#386244 - 05/15/20 12:42 AM

> The war room has turned into something people cry when they are the least bit
> offended. Tough shit. Even from day 1 on the old forums in the year 2000 the loony
> bin was labeled "not for the feint of heart". It's just text, it's not going to bite
> you. Anyway it's not going to turn into a politics forum. There was months/years
> between posts in the war room until recently, and the new stuff is all covid talk,
> and people telling me we can't talk about covid in the loony bin has pissed me off.

So you're basically pissing away years of goodwill because you don't like it when people tell you we'd prefer it if you didn't post about the shit we have to deal with every day in a place we come to goof off and try to forget about it, and you're using your position as a administrator to try to force everyone to deal with it because you can't handle the fact people don't like that. Even when ANOTHER administrator is trying to explain why we don't like that. And you don't want to listen to him either.

Fucking awesome.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#386245 - 05/15/20 01:00 AM

I'm just going to keep it and when someone tells me my post belongs in the war room I'm going to verbally destroy them.

Yeah the LB can be an escape but it's a new world now. I don't want to talk to a brick wall in the WR. We're in a pandemic and you want everybody to bury their heads in the sand for years.

BTW you cry like a woman at the smallest things.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#386246 - 05/15/20 01:26 AM

> BTW you cry like a woman at the smallest things.

Says the guy who pulled a temper tantrum, threatening to wipe a part of the forum, just because one user pushed back a little.

I don't even need to say any insults, your behavior is doing that just fine.

I don't expect to be contributing to this forum for much longer, so please make it easier for both of us, get your last word in and ban me so you feel much better about your day and I can go do something else.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#386247 - 05/15/20 01:37 AM

It was at least 3 people crying over the discussion of reality and I didn't even talk about politics.

You haven't done anything remotely deserving a ban. The thought has never crossed my mind.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#386251 - 05/15/20 03:40 AM

> > It's not you moving the thread that annoys me, it's people telling me I can't talk
> > about covid in the loony bin.
>
> It's not that you can't talk about covid. We CAN talk about it. We can talk about
> prevention, and how we're dealing with this. But inevitably, the Trump taint lickers
> will turn it into the usual BUH MUH FREEDOMS bullshit we have to deal with EVERYWHERE
> ELSE because THEY refuse to believe that the virus is a real thing. And because the
> people you're complaining about? That's them. That's ALL THEM. ALWAYS THEM. They're
> the goddamn reason we're all stuck at home now, because they refuse to shut their
> orange and brown colored mouths and stay inside like we ALL should.
>
> I know I'm not worth anything when it comes to user "value" here on this forum but I
> don't want this place to go to hell because you insist on putting topics like this in
> a place where most of us come to to try to have a little fun.
>
> I could say a loooooooooot more than this, but I'm honestly too fucking tired of
> everyone.

I think you may be imagining things. Where are all these people you feel the need to insult? They don't seem to be here, unless someone is spending a lot of time deleting posts.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#386263 - 05/15/20 10:03 PM

> I think you may be imagining things. Where are all these people you feel the need to
> insult? They don't seem to be here, unless someone is spending a lot of time deleting
> posts.

I think exactly the same. No one brought anything about politics but the complainer himself. He (like me) isn't American either. Did we miss anything or he simply overreacted for nothing?

roscian
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/11/07
Loc: City of Angels
Send PM

#386289 - 05/17/20 09:30 PM

OK, I'll say it- what's a War Room?

Moochieone
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/25/19
Loc: Virginia
Send PM

Re: A church choir in Washington decided it was a good idea to sing together in a church during a pandemic. Guess what happened next. new [Re: roscian]
#386291 - 05/18/20 01:08 AM

A forum that is not advertised from the other forums, but can be found on the forum index.
https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=war
Political and controversial discussions are here.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

They got their express tickets to meet Jesus? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#386326 - 05/19/20 09:24 AM

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: They got their express tickets to meet Jesus? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#386332 - 05/19/20 10:33 AM

Dope

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

I'm Still Alive [nt] new [Re: Andrew]
#386491 - 05/27/20 07:41 PM

This is what happens when cabby no fitty through door...
http://orc.mameworld.info

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: I'm Still Alive [nt] new [Re: Orc]
#386493 - 05/28/20 08:42 AM

Hooray. Heh. You old bast. I guess you're still picking some locks these days? Those old Youtube vid clips were amusing to watch. :-)

Some updates with Space Invaders related items here and there.

Maybe some Midway future specific netlist updates for SI down the road even though Derrick and Zsolt did a good job with past Midway 8080 updates (analog audio support) back in 2007.

Midway Gun Fight analog audio now considered good.

-
https://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sh...part=1&vc=1

Other additions include discrete audio emulation for Midway’s Gun Fight,

mw8080bw.cpp: Added netlist-based audio for gunfight. [Colin Howell]
-

If you liked that Casio RZ-1 drum unit when it was added in spring 2018, you'll enjoy that possible future support of Roland electronic V Drums drum sets maybe making its way into future MAME source support at a later time. All that Roland stuff......it's coming for you.

--

04/01/18

Casio RZ1 drum sampler one year later *edit*
03/03/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_uf5kXH8zQ&feature=youtu.be&t=16

Here is status of Casio RZ-1 which lists items still yet to be done, but the fact it is running is good itself.

-
src/mame/drivers/rz1.cpp

Casio RZ-1

Sampling drum machine

Sound ROM info:

Each ROM chip holds 1.49s of sounds and can be opened as raw
PCM data: signed 8-bit, mono, 20,000 Hz.

* Sound A: Toms 1~3, Kick, Snare, Rimshot, Closed Hi-Hat, Open Hi-Hat,
and Metronome Click (in that order).

* Sound B: Clap, Ride, Cowbell, and Crash (in that order).

Note: Holding EDIT/RECORD, DELETE, INSERT/AUTO-COMPENSATE and
CHAIN/BEAT at startup causes the system to go into a RAM test.

TODO:
- Metronome
- MIDI
- Cassette
- Audio input
==

Somewhere in the list of current source files....maybe a future addition for V drums kit box might appear later.

roland_cm32p.cpp
roland_d10.cpp
roland_d50.cpp
roland_jv80.cpp
roland_jx3p.cpp
roland_jx8p.cpp
roland_mc50.cpp
roland_mt32.cpp
roland_r8.cpp
roland_ra30.cpp
roland_s10.cpp
roland_s50.cpp
roland_sc55.cpp
roland_sc88.cpp
roland_tb303.cpp
roland_tr606.cpp
roland_tr707.cpp
roland_tr909.cpp
roland_u20.cpp

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 17053