MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ninalna
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/29/20
Send PM

Need help setting up mame 64
#385684 - 03/29/20 04:33 AM Attachment: mame shit.jpg 91 KB (0 downloads)

Hi there guys i had this mame 64 running years ago and it seemed to be easy . install mame and dowload roms and put into roms folder , i have decided to install it and had installed mame 64 and just am downloading a roms package from pirate bay, i downloaded sf2ce and tried to play it to test it and it comes up with failed to load , fatal error etc. I have been reading up and trying different versions, now i have started downloading bios roms which i never remembered doing. can someone help me to set it up as im bored as in isolation and just want to get it working...........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Need help setting up mame 64 new [Re: ninalna]
#385686 - 03/29/20 04:57 AM

"Fatal error: Required files are missing, the machine cannot be run."

Huh. That error, plus a list of files that are missing, plus a list of sets that it tried looking for those files in. I don't know, seems like a weird issue. I for one am stumped.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Need help setting up mame 64 new [Re: ninalna]
#385689 - 03/29/20 07:07 AM

The random ROMs you got are probably designed for a version of MAME from the dawn of the millennium, back when people were only dumping the large data ROMs and forgetting or ignoring the smaller chips, or in the case of read-protected ROMs (for example, Taito C-Chips or Gaelco DS5002 chips), couldn't dump them at all until recently.

Unofficial builds of MAME such as iMAME/iMAME4all or the RetroArch "year" cores (all of which were redesigned purely for running on shitty portable hardware like Pi/Android/iOS/retro-console-on-a-chip systems) are keeping these outdated ROM sets circulated when they should have become extinct long ago, which is why there are so many bad ROMs out there.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 295