MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Maiden2k
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/16/20
Send PM

Trackball Help
#385546 - 03/17/20 12:18 AM

Hi Retro gamers, I need some help with a trackball, I'll try and be as detailed as I can. I have a quad controller with a trackball I put in, and I'm running Mameui64 V.180. Centipede works, Missile Command works, but none of the Golden Tee games work. I hit tab, clicked track analog X, clicked track analog Y, but it's not recognizing the trackball. The funny thing is, I can scroll up and down the tab menu options using the trackball as a mouse, but can't seem to assign it. I tried properties and chose multiple mice that doesn't work. I don't understand how Centipede and Missile command works with no trouble, but Golden Tee's a no go. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: Trackball Help new [Re: Maiden2k]
#385547 - 03/17/20 01:40 AM

Is mouse input set to "on" in the advanced menu for the GT games?

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Maiden2k
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Trackball Help new [Re: DarthMarino]
#385549 - 03/17/20 01:49 AM

I'm going to give it a shot, I just found that Millipede doesn't work either, only Centipede and Missile Command work at this time.

Maiden2k
MAME Fan
Send PM

#385552 - 03/17/20 12:31 PM

Quote:

Is mouse input set to "on" in the advanced menu for the GT games?

I didn't find that to be a setting choice at all in Golden Tee. I hit the TAB button and I get Input (general) or Input (this machine). So as I mentioned, Missile Command and Centipede work....Millipede isn't working and the Golden Tee's do not. I did a create config and set mouse and light gun to "1" and no luck there. I just don't get how when I hit the TAB button, I can scroll up & down the various options with the trackball. I have 3 buttons assigned to the trackball on my console like a 3 button mouse, and I can left click onto the options, but when I choose analog X or analog Y, when I move the trackball there's no detection.

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

#385553 - 03/17/20 01:08 PM

You have to change this before you start the game.

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

#385554 - 03/17/20 07:18 PM

Another thing to be sure of with trackballs is that you don't have more than 2 mice devices running on your computer. This includes touchpad mice, remote control devices, etc.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Maiden2k
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Trackball Help new [Re: Nightvoice]
#385559 - 03/18/20 12:00 AM

OK everyone, I learned something new today. The problem is called......dumb ass. Actually, I have "ZERO" experience with trackball, I just acquired this quad controller and the trackball was SAVAGED, all wires cut, etc. Best thing was, I bought the controller for $20 bucks and it's worth $900. Anyway, so the problem was....??? before starting any game on MameUI64, go to properties and select "Controller Mapping" look at "Trackball Device" and make sure it is "NOT" on keyboard. Once I selected mouse.... problem was solved. I have to choose this setting for each trackball games after 1980.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#385566 - 03/18/20 05:55 AM

Can you please post a picture of your trackball?

>> I bought the controller for $20 bucks and it's worth $900.

I gotta see what a $900 trackball looks like!

Was it attached to oh, I dunno, say, a Marble Man cabinet or something?

LOL, jk! Glad you got it working...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Maiden2k
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Trackball Help new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#385571 - 03/18/20 12:09 PM

Quote:

Can you please post a picture of your trackball?

>> I bought the controller for $20 bucks and it's worth $900.

I gotta see what a $900 trackball looks like!

Was it attached to oh, I dunno, say, a Marble Man cabinet or something?

LOL, jk! Glad you got it working...

Sorry, my bad Billy, what I got was an Ultimate Arc Quad Controller for $20.00 and it retails for $899.99 at Northcoast Custom Arcades... here's the link for the controller https://www.mameroom.com/webstore.asp?productid=QUADCONTROLLER&category=157 . What it had was a Suzo Happ 3" Orange Trackball, but the previous owner hacked it up. I wanted to go with an Illuminated trackball as a replacement, but Suzo Happ wanted $151.35 plus shipping. So I found one on Ebay for $89.90 plus.....another $23.50 for the power supply. Overall it works great, I'll try and post pics. It was identical to the Suzo Happ 3" Illuminated trackball, the difference was the wiring colors. On my trackball, White is left button Mouse, Red is middle button, Green is Right button.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#385584 - 03/19/20 04:54 AM

That was a good find! $900 is unreal crazy tho...

Enjoy!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 551 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 511