MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Sega Samurai?
#382860 - 06/22/19 01:14 AM Attachment: AF2E94F9-FD91-46BE-B480-C2C68182BA40.jpeg 3118 KB (1 downloads)

Is this a needed colection of art?
Couple titles have shown up at the warehouse that use to be in storage.
I dont have my mobile mame with me.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Sega Samurai? new [Re: TrevEB]
#382863 - 06/22/19 06:42 PM

>Sega Samurai?

A vicdual hardware based game (ie: see Gremlin games such as Frogs, Carnival, Depth Charge).

>Is this a needed collection of art?

A lot is needed (cab photos of entire sides of cab, control panel and any artwork scans if possible of anything from that cab) and then some including audio recordings of external analog audio sounds being generated from the upright cab. If the cab owner has actual manual or logic schematics that would be really welcomed since the audio logic schematics part would be for eventual future netlist code for emulating the analog audio sounds.

I have never seen that cab before in person so I am guessing it was imported from overseas specifically.

>Couple titles have shown up at the warehouse that use to be in storage.

If there are any supposed non-cpu games there, I am curious what there is.

TrevEB
Send PM

Re: Sega Samurai? new [Re: gregf]
#382873 - 06/23/19 08:05 AM Attachment: 7B3297CB-2258-4534-9882-C511F7D4DCCA.jpeg 2739 KB (0 downloads)

Yeah I got some pics for you.

Attachment

TrevEB
Send PM

#382874 - 06/23/19 09:34 AM Attachment: 1AD80C16-99C3-47CD-A7BA-FE7AFAA0C0A6.jpeg 2859 KB (0 downloads)

one more
He also has
Biplane 4 which is a huge bezel
Steeple Chase
and a few other titles.

Attachment

Edited by TrevEB (06/23/19 09:37 AM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#382891 - 06/24/19 11:04 AM

>He also has Biplane 4 which is a huge bezel and Steeple Chase

Photos of Fun Games' Biplane 4 cab, (along with actual gameplay video if possible) would be interesting since who knows if the game has a monitor overlay piece mounted on top of the monitor or if any overlay piece is used. Maybe overlay piece could be taped onto backside of the bezel piece which is what the overlay piece used with Ramtek Clean Sweep is designed (blue sheet piece that provides color visual over the monitor is literally taped onto backside of Clean Sweep bezel piece).

Proms have already been dumped/documented in MAME, but neither Steeplechase nor BiPlane 4 are emulated yet since there will be lots of netlist work yet to be done before either game can be emulated. iirc that BiPlane 4 has multiple pcbs in a rack environment which means even lots more work involved of emulating that type of game compared to say Steeplechase which has either one or two boards used. I don't recall if Steeplechase has a digital pcb and an analog pcb working in tandem like their other non-cpu games or maybe Atari was able to get Steeplechase hardware crammed onto a single non-cpu pcb like LeMans was iirc.

The already dumped Steeplechase roms (done by Andy Welburn some time ago) should be reliable in case if needing to repair/replace any roms on a Steeplechase pcb although it would be ideal if Steeplechase can ever be emulated in MAME later to verify the data.

src/mame/drivers/atarittl.cpp

ROM_START( steeplec )

src/mame/drivers/fungames.cpp

ROM_START( biplane4 )

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#382892 - 06/24/19 11:15 AM

>Yeah I got some pics for you.

I recall seeing that Stern game at some arcade places in the 1980s, but I played other games instead especially when Marble Madness was around at the time.

That Sega Samurai cab is definitely one that I never saw before and any video capture of game play and any audio recordings for external audio samples would be the ideal thing. If the Samurai cab owner has actual manual with any logic schematics such as logic schematics of the analog audio would be the thing for being able to emulate the analog audio sounds.

If Sega Samurai also has any artwork backdrop pieces used inside interior of cab, that would also be needed.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

#382894 - 06/24/19 03:13 PM

Which game is that right beside the Sega Samurai on the 1st picture? That sideart reminds me of a Taito Crossfire (AKA Bazooka) machine. Is this correct?

TrevEB
Send PM

#382904 - 06/25/19 12:52 AM Attachment: AEAE3258-75CA-40B3-865A-9A086682BAD4.jpeg 3069 KB (0 downloads)

One more.

Attachment

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#383969 - 10/18/19 10:19 AM

> Is this a needed colection of art?
> Couple titles have shown up at the warehouse that use to be in storage.
> I dont have my mobile mame with me.

How did I miss this?

Yes... all parts for Sega Samurai needed... very cool cabinet.

We have the bezel for Great Guns.

Curious what else is "new?"

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 607 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 701