MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Fonts in mameui too small in 2560.1600 res and won't fit
#382619 - 05/30/19 12:50 PM

I have a 2560x1600 monitor, windows 10 as os, all the apps and games I run have perfectly readable font, with the right size etc.

Except mameui. If you have a look at the screenshot included, you will see that the parts on top, mameui64 209, file,view etc are much bigger than the font list. I tried enlarging the font siez of the list, but they get either too big or too small, and won't fit the screen.

What setting should I change to make the font size more "readable" ?

https://imgur.com/J5XdpBn

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Fonts in mameui too small in 2560.1600 res and won't fit new [Re: Solstar]
#382632 - 05/31/19 12:08 AM

> I have a 2560x1600 monitor, windows 10 as os, all the apps and games I run have
> perfectly readable font, with the right size etc.
>
> Except mameui. If you have a look at the screenshot included, you will see that the
> parts on top, mameui64 209, file,view etc are much bigger than the font list. I tried
> enlarging the font siez of the list, but they get either too big or too small, and
> won't fit the screen.
>
> What setting should I change to make the font size more "readable" ?
>
> https://imgur.com/J5XdpBn

The menu font is part of Windows rather than MAMEUI (the list font can be changed to anything - looks like yours is still using ye olde 8pt MS Sans Serif), seemingly Windows has defaulted to that size and doesn't assume that a Win9x style UI would still be in use. You would probably have to fiddle with the Windows settings and hope that it can still be done (I don't have Windows 10 but every other version I've used since 95 at least has that option, but it will be applied universally rather than just MAMEUI and could mess up everything else).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 404 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1726