View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

coin_tengoku
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/25/19
Send PM

MAME question/problem maybe
#382560 - 05/25/19 11:13 PM

I just recently downloaded and set up MAME .209. I have placed all my files in their respective places within the folders. My problem is that I get a list of games, but they are listed alphabetically and I am not seeing a random selection of games after I launch MAME in Windows. Is this feature gone now?

mahlemiut
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: New Zealand
Send PM

Re: MAME question/problem maybe new [Re: coin_tengoku]
#382561 - 05/25/19 11:36 PM

> I just recently downloaded and set up MAME .209. I have placed all my files in their
> respective places within the folders. My problem is that I get a list of games, but
> they are listed alphabetically and I am not seeing a random selection of games after
> I launch MAME in Windows. Is this feature gone now?

You can use the older UI by using adding "-ui simple" to the commandline, or setting the "ui" option in mame.ini to "simple".

- Barry Rodewald
Editor at MARP - http://replay.marpirc.net

coin_tengoku
MAME Fan
Send PM

#382562 - 05/25/19 11:50 PM

So I was able to discover that to use the random gamelist you must launch MAME in simple UI mode. To do that, you can create a shortcut to the MAME .exe and ad -ui simple to the end of the target or you can run the command in CMD Prompt MAME.EXE -UI SIMPLE. Then you will get random gamelists.

coin_tengoku
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MAME question/problem maybe new [Re: mahlemiut]
#382563 - 05/26/19 12:46 AM

> You can use the older UI by using adding "-ui simple" to the commandline, or setting
> the "ui" option in mame.ini to "simple".

Thank you. Any chance anyone knows how I would load simple ui with a category .ini file like "Working Arcade.ini" via terminal/command prompt. Right now my random list contains a bunch of not working titles?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#382564 - 05/26/19 03:32 AM

> > You can use the older UI by using adding "-ui simple" to the commandline, or
> setting
> > the "ui" option in mame.ini to "simple".
>
>
> Thank you. Any chance anyone knows how I would load simple ui with a category .ini
> file like "Working Arcade.ini" via terminal/command prompt. Right now my random list
> contains a bunch of not working titles?

The titles are listed because you may have the romsets for those titles. There is no functionality (there never was) to make the original UI use those category.ini files. It functions exactly as it did before the UI change in 0.171 - typing the name of the game you wish to find it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 459