MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: 3D OMG
#380445 - 12/30/18 10:19 PM

A 3DO collector sent us dumps of the 3DO arcade versions of Crime Patrol, Mad Dog McCree 2, Orbatak (prototype version), Orbatak (release version), Shootout at Old Tucson, Bladeforce (beta version), and Need For Speed (beta version).

ClawGrip dumped a Funky Jet bootleg

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: DU: 3D OMG new [Re: Smitdogg]
#380452 - 12/31/18 04:24 AM

> A 3DO collector sent us dumps of the 3DO arcade versions of Crime Patrol, Mad Dog
> McCree 2, Orbatak (prototype version), Orbatak (release version), Shootout at Old
> Tucson, Bladeforce (beta version), and Need For Speed (beta version).

That was mighty cool of him. I assume these don't need any special board or any machine-specific dumps, you just pop in the disc and go?

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

#380453 - 12/31/18 05:06 AM

Not sure if it's the same version but looks like some of these have been available for some time.

P.S. Obviously gregf saw this and passed out since I would have thought he would have been the first to reply!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5UCoPm_MWk

There is no law in the arena

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#380464 - 12/31/18 12:16 PM

>A 3DO collector sent us dumps of the 3DO arcade versions of Crime Patrol, Mad Dog McCree 2,
>Orbatak (prototype version), Orbatak (release version), Shootout at Old Tucson, Bladeforce
>(beta version), and Need For Speed (beta version).

Thanks to that contributor. I forget how much more work is/was needed to get the disc player system up and running.

I linked Stiletto's old post to show the long ago issue regarding 3DO console emulation issue.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Not to rehash the old issue, but just to point out to newcomers of the long ago 3DO emulation issue that came about back then.

-
> Also, why does the FeeDO code have such a strange license? Why do they care so much
> about people seeing their code for an obscure console no one played? I don't get it.

This is what we're talking about BTW.
https://code.google.com/archive/p/freedo/

If you thought the old MAME license was a bit weird, check this out and think through the ramifications.

Anyhow, the rumor is they've had a long history of people ripping them off in various ways so this is their reaction. MAMEDev reacted differently to such shenanigans years ago but also did a non-OSI-compliant license for the longest while. It's no different, to be honest.

Anyhow I think we're done here, I don't want to see any bashing of other emulators around here, so thread lock
-

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: DU: 3D OMG new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#380465 - 12/31/18 12:31 PM

>P.S. Obviously gregf saw this and passed out since I would have thought he would have been the first to reply!

Reserved for only if any of the film reels of Nintendo WG ever get preserved and emulated.

Kudos to the 3DO contributor. It will be great to see these emulated. I don't recall how far along the emulation of the disc player system was when last reading an old wip update. The last notable update had to have been between 2012 to 2015 iirc.

Shoegazr
Rockstar
Reged: 01/21/06
Send PM

Re: DU: 3D OMG new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#380470 - 12/31/18 07:10 PM

> Not sure if it's the same version but looks like some of these have been available
> for some time.
>
> P.S. Obviously gregf saw this and passed out since I would have thought he would have
> been the first to reply!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5UCoPm_MWk

Indeed some of them have, also through RA/4DO, though of course would be much better in MAME.

RdW
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/13/05
Send PM

Re: DU: 3D OMG new [Re: gregf]
#380474 - 01/01/19 04:21 AM

> I linked Stiletto's old post to show the long ago issue regarding 3DO console
> emulation issue.
>
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

I believe Phil had strong reasons not to include such driver in mame.
Assuming mame drivers differ much to other emus code, i still wonder if sending such mame driver to the other project for review and asking them for the permission to include it under mame licence could be problematic (if just one or some of the authors give their OK in the name of the project)?

F1ReB4LL
Reged: 03/09/05
Send PM

#380555 - 01/04/19 01:43 PM

> Orbatak (prototype version), Orbatak (release version)

It's the same image, just in 2 different formats There are only around 10 units known, some people call it a prototype, some people call it a limited release.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1074