Pages: 1

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

NEED Help - Solar War Playtesting
#380293 - 12/24/18 11:07 AM

First, thanks to Comboman for doing the bulk of the work on this one.

I tweaked the artwork, so that it would line-up to a proper 3:4 screen, and corrected a few things that needed correcting.

Almost of the lamps are now assigned correctly:

-- Solar War has one more lamp than Video Pinball, and at least two of them are outside of the currently defined LED matrix in the driver, so it requires a source update to work correctly. DIFF file attached to next post includes the DIFF so that this works.

-- I haven't been able to verify two of the lamps: the SPECIAL lamp at the top kickout (2000, 5000, Extra Ball, Special), and the SAME PLAYER lamp at the bottom between the flippers.

-- I "think" I got it right... but I haven't been able to play well enough to actually verify it.

If someone could playtest and verify that those lamps work correctly, I would truly appreciate it:

-- For the SPECIAL lamp, the lamp on the top kickout advances as you complete all four drop targets in the middle (1000 and Bonus Advance), from 2000, to 5000, to EXTRA BALL, to SPECIAL. But it has to be done in one ball; in other words, you have to complete the drop targets three full times to see the SPECIAL lamp light up.

-- For the SAME PLAYER lamp, I'm assuming it lights up when you are awarded an Extra Ball. You can get that either by getting it on the top kickout when lit, or spell W-A-R, and have the ball fall through the right outlane.

The attached artwork file is temporarily setup so that the four lamps that are currently not assigned are displayed on the right. Trigger the appropriate action, and you'll see which lamp lights up. On the playfield right now, I have SPECIAL assigned to 12, and SAME PLAYER assigned as 05.

I don't know for sure that 05 is correct at this point, as it does light up temporarily when the ball travels through the top-left lane, then turns back off. But it could also be correct, as other pinball games do have that as a safety if the ball drains quickly after coming down from the top real fast.

The other weird thing that is going to be is when this is finished, there are going to be two unused lamps.

Anyway, help on this one would be appreciated. The final version will also have the outer bezel... I just didn't add it in here for now, since this is just for testing, and the one bezel file is really big.

Add'l Side Note: could someone please tell me what the code would be for the flashing lamp on the Control Panel Start Button. It is NOT LED0.

Edited by Mr. Do (01/22/19 11:49 AM)

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: NEED Help - Solar War Playtesting - DIFF Update new [Re: Mr. Do]
#380294 - 12/24/18 11:08 AM Attachment: videopin_DIFF.zip 1 KB (5 downloads)

Attached is the DIFF file to use lamps 30-32.

hap
Reged: 12/01/08
Send PM

Re: NEED Help - Solar War Playtesting new [Re: Mr. Do]
#380303 - 12/24/18 05:06 PM

The start button is on the bottom-right of the matrix according to the Video Pinball manual, which is LED30.

I've removed "led0" by the way, it's synonymous to the new "LED30"

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: NEED Help - Solar War Playtesting - DONE new [Re: Mr. Do]
#380769 - 01/22/19 11:53 AM

All good now.

-- Getting the artwork update ready for tonight
-- Notice a small error in Solar War, so I need to play it again and get a correct screenshot
-- While playing, I notice a lamp seems to be missing
-- Check various sources... yup... missing a lamp at the top left-middle of the screen
-- Fix the backdrop; fix the LAY file
-- Played a few more games, and confirmed the other lamps I wasn't sure about also... all 32 are now accounted for
-- Now it's too late to finish artwork update... will finish tomorrow night

(Attachment removed from previous post, as it is now out of date).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 396 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 370