MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Free Humble: LEGO The Lord of the Rings
#380190 - 12/20/18 09:26 PM

Following up on the free LEGO: Hobbit game not too long ago, now this one's free.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/lego-..._content=Banner

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Free Humble: LEGO The Lord of the Rings new [Re: TriggerFin]
#380196 - 12/21/18 09:27 AM

How many fucking ReCAPTCHA puzzles is a game worth? One when I click "log in" (crosswalks), one when I click the button to "buy" the game for free (cars), then an e-mail code to enter when I click "download", and a third ReCAPTCHA (store fronts) when I click "verify". Then after all that it doesn't actually take me to the page for that game, it takes me to my "humble library" where it isn't listed, and I have to go across to "purchases" to find it. When I finally select it there, I have to page past four screens of ads for their subscriptions and shit before I get the widget to get a Steam key. I still did it because I'm a sucker for free shit, but they're trying to make it as annoying as possible.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Free Humble: LEGO The Lord of the Rings new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#380204 - 12/21/18 08:46 PM

Really?

I identified fire hydrants, and then more fire hydrants, and checked a box. That was the only security I went through other than pasting the code into Steam after clicking "I agree."

Maybe because I know I'm the only one using this PC, so I stay logged in.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 595