MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

What are the best general sensibility settings for a spinner for use in racing games
#379787 - 11/30/18 04:39 PM

Got a spintrak for my cabinet recently, and it works quite well with spinners-related games. I also have bought the mini wheel that can be put in place of the knob and also bought some pedals to be used for racing games. I found that old 2d racing games like pole position and likes, or outrun and outrun turbo works fine with the defeault settings, but games like outrunners, or more "recent" titles like crusin usa or 3d games in general, just don't play well with the default sensibility settings

no matter how much i tinker with those, I either get a too slow sensitivity or too fast

Is there a general rule to be used to setting sensitivity using a spinner for racing games?

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: What are the best general sensibility settings for a spinner for use in racing games new [Re: Solstar]
#379798 - 12/01/18 12:20 AM

Games like Cruis'n and Outrunners don't use a 360 degree wheel so there isn't really a correct answer. This a video I made on adjusting spinner sensitivity that may help. The turn count link is in the description or just use the list in there if the link still doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_aIkkObZWM&t=9s

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: What are the best general sensibility settings for a spinner for use in racing games new [Re: DarthMarino]
#379831 - 12/01/18 04:56 PM

> Games like Cruis'n and Outrunners don't use a 360 degree wheel so there isn't really
> a correct answer. This a video I made on adjusting spinner sensitivity that may help.
> The turn count link is in the description or just use the list in there if the link
> still doesn't work.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_aIkkObZWM&t=9s

Thanks, for those games you listed, i tried those settings and works fins with the spinner, but for games like cruis'n or outrunners, where as you said it uses a 360 wheel, i don't understand which math operation am i supposed to do or what results from that list i should use :\

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: What are the best general sensibility settings for a spinner for use in racing games new [Re: Solstar]
#379876 - 12/02/18 10:02 PM

I said those games don't use a 360 degree wheel which is why they aren't on the list.

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: What are the best general sensibility settings for a spinner for use in racing games new [Re: DarthMarino]
#380029 - 12/13/18 04:16 PM

> I said those games don't use a 360 degree wheel which is why they aren't on the list.

"but for games like cruis'n or outrunners, where as you said it uses a 360 wheel,"

as in "you stated what is 270, so everything else that is not there..is 360"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 76 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 717