MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my
#379623 - 11/18/18 08:41 AM

Ordyne dumped what appears to be the original Lost World (older revision, build 24 June 1998 where the currently dumped version in mame is Rev A / July 8th 1998).

Ordyne also dumped an early German version of Dirt Devils.

CAPS 0ff readout the chip from Great Swordsmen that Starrider sent us.

Corrado dumped the Euro version of Gondomania.

Porchy dumped the CK2605 on Hang On.

Click here to visit the DU donation page

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my new [Re: Smitdogg]
#379631 - 11/18/18 04:42 PM

> CAPS 0ff readout the chip from Great Swordsmen that Starrider sent us.
>

Glad to see that happening. Starrider's original Great Swordsmen board that he purchased to be dumped got wrecked by that charlatan Dr Decapitator.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my new [Re: Master O]
#379632 - 11/18/18 05:34 PM

> > CAPS 0ff readout the chip from Great Swordsmen that Starrider sent us.
>
> Glad to see that happening. Starrider's original Great Swordsmen board that he
> purchased to be dumped got wrecked by that charlatan Dr Decapitator.

Get it through your head, because MAME devs have said it before: He wasn't a charlatan. He was an incredibly talented, incredibly well-paid dude who was ostensibly volunteered by others to take on way more work for free than he ultimately was able to handle on his own.

The fact of the matter is that all or almost all of the chips that he attempted to dump were happily handed over, by him, to the Caps0ff team. Who, themselves, have been progressing at a relatively glacial pace.

So quit it with this "Urrrgh evil Dr. Decapitator, yay, amazing and miraculous Caps0ff" nonsense.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#379638 - 11/18/18 07:21 PM

The issue with him was he should have immediately returned all the chips to Guru when he quit. He didn't get the chips to caps0ff for several years, all the while everyone who contributed over the years thinking they were ripped off.

*=/STARRIDER\=*
MAME Punk
Reged: 02/06/12
Loc: an open field west of a white house with a boarded front door.
Send PM

Re: DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my new [Re: Smitdogg]
#379644 - 11/19/18 05:30 AM

I just hope someone does something with it!

There is no law in the arena

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my new [Re: *=/STARRIDER\=*]
#379645 - 11/19/18 07:35 AM

> I just hope someone does something with it!

The issue with the last one of these was that no-one was quite sure how to map the mask ROM geometry, so the program came out garbled. Apparently Dr Decap knew how to do it, and given good images, someone can work it out eventually.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: OG Lost World, German Dirt Devils, Gondomania, Great Swordsmen oh my new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#379647 - 11/19/18 11:39 AM

> > I just hope someone does something with it!
>
> The issue with the last one of these was that no-one was quite sure how to map the
> mask ROM geometry, so the program came out garbled. Apparently Dr Decap knew how to
> do it, and given good images, someone can work it out eventually.

afaik the new dump isn't an optical one, but a regular readout. there might still be issues with it however. somebody who knows the architecture really needs to make a call on it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 194 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 670