MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

asasega
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/08/09
Send PM

screen refresh
#379016 - 10/17/18 07:23 PM

if you start a game with the cheat option you can adjust the refresh in the sliders menu
using the left right keys + shift, ctrl and alt keys u can adjust the granularity
my question is how can you set it it to 60.000 exactly? for example in games with 60.606 i can only set it to 60.006
is there any other key combination?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: screen refresh new [Re: asasega]
#379019 - 10/17/18 08:32 PM

> if you start a game with the cheat option you can adjust the refresh in the sliders
> menu
> using the left right keys + shift, ctrl and alt keys u can adjust the granularity
> my question is how can you set it it to 60.000 exactly? for example in games with
> 60.606 i can only set it to 60.006
> is there any other key combination?

At this time, the lowest resolution to change refresh slider is 0.01. We can't simply chop extra bits off either especially if you want the original display refresh once again. I envision that someone along the line will come up with some way to set things directly with any sane value, requiring the -cheat flag. Outside of that, I'm afraid, if you want custom exact refresh rates, you'll need to adjust the source files and compile your own MAME or driver-specific builds.

LensLarque
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/08
Send PM

#379020 - 10/17/18 10:38 PM

Why do you want to force a non-60Hz game to run at exactly 60hz by the way? It's better to let it run at its native refresh if your display/setup allows it, otherwise the game is either slowed down or sped up.

Anyway I thought that when you activate waitvsync and your display is @60Hz, all the games were forced to match it, which you can see if you press F11 ingame. No need to go as far as editing all the drivers to get that result...

> MAME isn't about playing the games anyway.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: screen refresh new [Re: Tafoid]
#379021 - 10/17/18 11:56 PM

> > if you start a game with the cheat option you can adjust the refresh in the sliders
> > menu
> > using the left right keys + shift, ctrl and alt keys u can adjust the granularity
> > my question is how can you set it it to 60.000 exactly? for example in games with
> > 60.606 i can only set it to 60.006
> > is there any other key combination?
>
> At this time, the lowest resolution to change refresh slider is 0.01. We can't simply
> chop extra bits off either especially if you want the original display refresh once
> again. I envision that someone along the line will come up with some way to set
> things directly with any sane value, requiring the -cheat flag. Outside of that, I'm
> afraid, if you want custom exact refresh rates, you'll need to adjust the source
> files and compile your own MAME or driver-specific builds.

plus this is something that shouldn't be done anyway as it breaks the games internal timing and sync between audio/video etc. if it was too easy then people might not realise what a bad idea using it is.

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

#379022 - 10/18/18 12:14 AM

Did you try holding the shift key?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 534 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 428