MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst
#378772 - 10/03/18 09:06 PM

ShouTime dumped the original bugged version of Battle Tryst.

Clawgrip dumped a bootleg of Mega Twins

Recreativas.org and Arcade Vintage sent us a dump of Fenix, a Niemer bootleg of Phoenix. Clawgrip dumped a Geonica Meteodata 1256 and an Oxford Instruments Intelligent Temperature Controller 4.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: Smitdogg]
#378791 - 10/04/18 08:28 PM

> ShouTime dumped the original bugged version of Battle Tryst.
>
>
> Clawgrip dumped a bootleg of Mega Twins
>
>
> Recreativas.org and Arcade Vintage sent us a dump of Fenix, a Niemer bootleg of
> Phoenix. Clawgrip dumped a Geonica Meteodata 1256 and an Oxford Instruments
> Intelligent Temperature Controller 4.

Too bad Battle Tryst and the rest of that driver, especially Tobe Polystars, aren't emulated. I have been asking for years, but that's fallen upon deaf ears.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: Master O]
#378798 - 10/05/18 12:17 AM

> Too bad Battle Tryst and the rest of that driver, especially Tobe Polystars, aren't
> emulated. I have been asking for years, but that's fallen upon deaf ears.

Huh, with that kind of attitude I can't imagine why. Thanks for letting me know that I can deprioritize updating Phil's M2 driver, though.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#378805 - 10/05/18 01:46 AM

> > Too bad Battle Tryst and the rest of that driver, especially Tobe Polystars, aren't
> > emulated. I have been asking for years, but that's fallen upon deaf ears.
>
> Huh, with that kind of attitude I can't imagine why. Thanks for letting me know that
> I can deprioritize updating Phil's M2 driver, though.

No need to be a dick about it. I have only ever asked him about it personally twice in the span of about two years anyway. He was actually very friendly about it, unlike you.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#378807 - 10/05/18 03:36 AM

> No need to be a dick about it.

> I have been asking for years, but that's fallen upon deaf ears.

> I have been asking [people to do literally tens if not hundreds of hours of unpaid work that would easily net a paid programmer $100/hr or more]

> for years

> but that's fallen on deaf ears. [I wonder why]

> No need to be a dick

OK Scooter, whatever you say.

JustNiz
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/29/15
Send PM

#378882 - 10/08/18 09:28 PM

Wow I guess my tongue-in-cheek prediction is actually coming true:

"Are we soon gonna have wade through lists of room thermostats to get to the game we wanna play?"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: JustNiz]
#378887 - 10/08/18 10:32 PM

It has been this way ever since mame swallowed mess. Clawgrip is simply dumping electronics he is getting rid of before they are gone. The situation with mame is you accept that emulating one thing can help with emulating something seemingly completely unrelated and if you don't like the situation then use retroarch or whatever else. But nothing has changed since mess was swallowed.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#378889 - 10/08/18 10:48 PM

>It has been this way ever since mame swallowed mess.

Micko always had that hunch that when MAME took over MESS back in 2011 that maybe something awesome such as Casio's RZ1 drum sample system might be emulated one of these days.

* un-fun / fun fluff side of things *

>Clawgrip is simply dumping electronics he is getting rid of before they are gone.

Former neighbor that moved away a while ago appreciated that emulation of some of the past industrial electronics is happening in MAME. His comment was something like: "...stop emulating useless arcade games and do emulation of actual electronics equipment used in manufacturing and business. Why waste time playing out-of-date games?"

My reply to him: "Why not both?"
His: "No. Machine and mechanics stuff only."

Some of his logic was anal and maybe questionable since he is glad the 'sob-in-office' is going to clean up America's supposed swamp. And he also really liked his gun collection. Maybe consider myself fortunate not having him as a neighbor these days.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: JustNiz]
#378908 - 10/09/18 05:59 AM

> Wow I guess my tongue-in-cheek prediction is actually coming true:
>
> "Are we soon gonna have wade through lists of room thermostats to get to the game we
> wanna play?"

They're not room thermostats - they're temperature controllers, typically used for controlling the temperature of a chemical process in scientific experiments or industrial processes.

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#378942 - 10/11/18 12:05 PM

I wonder what the most unusual device currently emulated by the greater MAME project is...
Or what might be emulated in the future that would qualify as unusual (I wonder if MAME will ever emulate an elevator and if it did how you would define the inputs and outputs and display etc for such a thing...)

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: jonwil]
#378946 - 10/11/18 03:54 PM

> I wonder what the most unusual device currently emulated by the greater MAME project
> is...
> Or what might be emulated in the future that would qualify as unusual (I wonder if
> MAME will ever emulate an elevator and if it did how you would define the inputs and
> outputs and display etc for such a thing...)

The most unusual device is probably whousetc. It's a Westinghouse wire-wrapped prototype/one-off device for programming and debugging some kind of interlocking system. Considering the businesses Westinghouse is involved in, it could be for programming a piece of railway signalling equipment, or some kind of industrial control system (possibly even part of the control system for a nuclear reactor). There's also a rude Easter egg in the code that's fairly easy to trigger.

One_Vurfed_Gwrx
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/15/17
Send PM

#378956 - 10/12/18 02:23 PM

Are there known multiple variants of many of the M2 games? I have a complete Polystars squirrelled away and just assumed (perhaps naively) with the lack of success that chanes are there were only one revision of each CD. At least if the CD is data only it should be an easy check once I dig out the hardware. Mine is more than likely whatever the standard version is either way.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: One_Vurfed_Gwrx]
#378957 - 10/12/18 03:05 PM

> Are there known multiple variants of many of the M2 games? I have a complete
> Polystars squirrelled away and just assumed (perhaps naively) with the lack of
> success that chanes are there were only one revision of each CD. At least if the CD
> is data only it should be an easy check once I dig out the hardware. Mine is more
> than likely whatever the standard version is either way.

well the ones in MAME area

GAME( 1997, polystar, 0, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Tobe! Polystars (ver JAA)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1997, totlvice, 0, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Total Vice (ver EBA)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1997, totlvicu, totlvice, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Total Vice (ver UAC)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1997, totlvicj, totlvice, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Total Vice (ver JAD)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1997, totlvica, totlvice, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Total Vice (ver AAB)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1998, btltryst, 0, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Battle Tryst (ver JAC)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1998, heatof11, 0, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Heat of Eleven '98 (ver EAA)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1998, evilngt, 0, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Evil Night (ver UBA)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1998, evilngte, evilngt, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Evil Night (ver EAA)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )
GAME( 1998, hellngt, evilngt, m2, m2, konamim2_state, init_m2, ROT0, "Konami", "Hell Night (ver EAA)", MACHINE_NOT_WORKING | MACHINE_NO_SOUND )

The first letter of the 3 letter codes is the region, the 2nd is some kind of 'type' for different cabinet types that require different game code (different # players, different mirror setups etc.) and the last is the revision.

So our Japanese Total Vice is 'JAD' is Revision D, meaning there are 3 undumped Japanese revisions at least.

Battle Tryst is (ver JAC) so presumably the new dump is going to be either JAA or JAB, meaning even there we likely still have a missing revision

so yeah, there are actually a fair few revisions of these. Poly Stars is JAA so possibly there are no other revisions of that, or if there are we have the oldest one.

Even for other 'failed' systems, like Hyper NeoGeo 64 we're clearly missing some game revisions based on the ROM labels etc. If anything it's going to be more common with CD games because it was easier to issue new media.

ShouTime
PCB Collector
Reged: 11/25/11
Loc: Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Send PM

Re: DU: Come on baybay, let's do the tryst new [Re: Haze]
#379088 - 10/21/18 04:47 PM

There isn't necessarily an arcade release between JAA and JAC. B was likely internal only.

Dumped: 3on3 DUNK MADNESS US, A.B. Cop JP, AIR INFERNO JP, AquaJack US, BATTLE SHARK Joystick, CRACKIN' DJ PART 2 JP, DOUBLE AXLE DX US, ENFORCE W, GP RIDER JP, GUN SURVIVOR 2 JP/W, GUNBUSTER US, GUNHARD, HANG PILOT US, Ikari III JP, JET WAVE JP, Last Survivor, MARS TV JP, MAZAN US, NINJA ASSAULT JP/W, OutRunners JP, Panic ROAD DE, PUNCH-OUT!! JP, Radirgy Ver. A, SPACE GUN JP/US, STARBLADE W, SUPER RANGER DE, SUZUKA 8 Hours 2 JP, TERRA FORCE JP, THUNDER ZONE JP, Western Express JP

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1176