MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

JohnnyGalaga
Now That's Galactic Dancin'
Reged: 07/21/07
Send PM

Easy MAME Not So Easy
#377814 - 07/27/18 12:31 AM

It keeps saying MAME has to be in the same folder as Easy MAME. Why? So I went ahead and put EasyMame.exe in the same directory as mame64.exe, but it keeps giving that same message. So how do we actually get this program working?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Easy MAME Not So Easy new [Re: JohnnyGalaga]
#377815 - 07/27/18 01:21 AM

> It keeps saying MAME has to be in the same folder as Easy MAME. Why? So I went ahead
> and put EasyMame.exe in the same directory as mame64.exe, but it keeps giving that
> same message. So how do we actually get this program working?

Just looking at it.. it has not been updated in over 10 years. There has been so much in changed and added sets that likely it cannot handle the amount/size of machines provided. The XML output from MAME had a few substantial changes in that time so that may also be a factor when building the game database for it.

Try using the internal UI for MAME64 by double clicking it. Just set folders in "Configure Options" -> "Configure Directories", save your configuration, and you should be good to go.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: Easy MAME Not So Easy new [Re: Tafoid]
#377825 - 07/27/18 01:57 PM

This is the problem with the majority of the frontends, 98% of them were discontinued a long time ago and are very outdated, pretty much useless.

If I were you I would give QMC2 a shot. It has a boring interface (looks like Visual Basic forms) unless you spend a lot of time trying to learn how to deal with the system notes feature to make things look a bit more interesting. But it's the most complete and updated MAME frontend available.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Easy MAME Not So Easy new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#377830 - 07/27/18 05:39 PM

> This is the problem with the majority of the frontends, 98% of them were discontinued
> a long time ago and are very outdated, pretty much useless.

I started working on a list about two years ago to show this, and haven't touched it since:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uKxjiIqvZFK6mE8y0mdAqZommUs3VBKknQ84V_X4mOI

Goal was to list them all, ever, sort by date and list the ones updated regularly. The ones that are outdated would show themselves very quickly. Got held up along the way.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 712 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 557