MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

How to run modified ROMs?
#377624 - 07/16/18 12:59 AM

I've been farting around with making a few changes to Street Fighter II: Champion Edition and would love to test them out in debug mode, but whenever I try to launch modified ROMs it warns me that the checksum is incorrect. I remember you used to be able to just skip past this warning and run the game anyway, but it refuses to let me proceed. This is in mame64 0.199. Did a search for this problem and could not find anyone else talking about it.

Is there a way to skip this warning, or somehow otherwise get modified ROMs to run on MAME?

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: How to run modified ROMs? new [Re: Rotwang]
#377627 - 07/16/18 02:43 AM

Did you change the names of the ROMs too? Used to run with warning so long as names matched.

You could compile your own MAME and make them match, however.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: How to run modified ROMs? new [Re: Rotwang]
#377628 - 07/16/18 02:46 AM

> Is there a way to skip this warning, or somehow otherwise get modified ROMs to run on
> MAME?

Run from command line (e.g. mame64 sf2ce) - then it will just give a warning. If you choose from the internal UI it will give an error.

Rotwang
Life is too short to be little...
Reged: 03/21/17
Send PM

Re: How to run modified ROMs? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#377629 - 07/16/18 04:02 AM

Thanks, this did it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 422 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 424