MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Helaku
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/27/18
Send PM

(Maybe) Undumped Spider-Man: The Video Game revision
#377244 - 06/27/18 09:54 PM

Hello,

Today I was searching for some actual footage of gameplay on arcade cabinet Spider-Man: The Video Game.

I have found two videos which are almost identicaly (I saw the demo stage is different but the select screen and the score screen is identical):
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAP5eZYmOxs
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6aKX95jS0

Verifying with what exist for M.A.M.E. I saw immediately some differences:
- in the two videos (don't know what revision/version is this) the select screen is different; from right top to bottom left you have spider-man, sub-mariner, black cat and hawkeye;
- in the world version you can choose from right top to bottom left hawkeye, spider-man, black cat and sub-mariner;
- in the japan version you can choose from right top to bottom left spider-man, black cat, hawkeye and sub-mariner;
- in the us version you can choose from right top to bottom left hawkeye, spider-man, sub-mariner and black cat;
- another difference is at the score screen when all the four characters are showing.

What do you think guys?

Thanks!

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: (Maybe) Undumped Spider-Man: The Video Game revision new [Re: Helaku]
#377245 - 06/27/18 11:10 PM

> Hello,
>
> Today I was searching for some actual footage of gameplay on arcade cabinet
> Spider-Man: The Video Game.
>
> I have found two videos which are almost identicaly (I saw the demo stage is
> different but the select screen and the score screen is identical):
> - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAP5eZYmOxs
> - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke6aKX95jS0
>
> Verifying with what exist for M.A.M.E. I saw immediately some differences:
> - in the two videos (don't know what revision/version is this) the select screen is
> different; from right top to bottom left you have spider-man, sub-mariner, black cat
> and hawkeye;
> - in the world version you can choose from right top to bottom left hawkeye,
> spider-man, black cat and sub-mariner;
> - in the japan version you can choose from right top to bottom left spider-man, black
> cat, hawkeye and sub-mariner;
> - in the us version you can choose from right top to bottom left hawkeye, spider-man,
> sub-mariner and black cat;
> - another difference is at the score screen when all the four characters are showing.
>
> What do you think guys?
>
> Thanks!

the cabinet settings in service mode seem to influence the order (if you set it to 2 Player not 4 Player then Spiderman is always first) although I'm not sure if any of the sets give the exact order shown. Might be other things influence it too (could also be tied to the hardware random number generator s32 has)

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: (Maybe) Undumped Spider-Man: The Video Game revision new [Re: Helaku]
#377257 - 06/28/18 04:44 AM

I have that same cabinet model in my house except that it has black T-molding instead of red and the speaker grille wraps up over the bottom 1/3 or so of the marquee area. I picked it up at an auction. Someone had converted to "Gigawing". No idea what the original game was. I think it has a sticker on the coin door that has "1992" so I assume that's when it was made. The control panel was really hacked up but I can tell it was originally 4 players with (I think) 2 buttons per player.

The same cabinet was also used for Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder

Edited by krick (06/28/18 05:07 AM)

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Helaku
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/27/18
Send PM

Re: (Maybe) Undumped Spider-Man: The Video Game revision new [Re: Haze]
#377266 - 06/28/18 09:44 AM

You are right Haze.
Setting the cabinet to 2 player for US version show me the same results like in the videos.
It can be close/deleted or stay here for further references.
Mystery solved.

Thank you Haze!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 501 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 655