MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: El Fin del Tiempo
#376582 - 06/02/18 04:33 PM

Thanks to Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org and Roberto Fresca we got El Fin del Tiempo (Niemer, 1981)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Holy sheeeeeeeit *nt* new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376584 - 06/02/18 04:46 PM

> Thanks to Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org and Roberto Fresca we
> got El Fin del Tiempo (Niemer, 1981)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: Smitdogg]
#376586 - 06/02/18 04:55 PM

INCREDIBILE !!!

Video :

Worluk
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/01/17
Send PM

#376588 - 06/02/18 05:44 PM

> Thanks to Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org and Roberto Fresca we
> got El Fin del Tiempo (Niemer, 1981)

Awesome development!

Any details on the story of its unearthing?

ElSemi
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/20/07
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: Worluk]
#376589 - 06/02/18 06:37 PM

The complete story is here: http://www.recreativas.org/noticias/2018...esaparecido-192

Although it's in spanish only.

zozo00
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/10/06
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: ElSemi]
#376593 - 06/02/18 08:36 PM

Muchas Buenas!!

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#376596 - 06/02/18 09:13 PM

> The complete story is here:
> http://www.recreativas.org/noticias/2018...esaparecido-192
>
> Although it's in spanish only.

TL;DR translation for the gringos:

The machine was apparently made in very small quantities and there was no proof that any machines even existed aside from a flyer held by a foreign collector. Thanks to the research by various individuals, a person named Esther, who owned the only machine they could find, was found - but the system was damaged and required extensive repair. So they made an arrangement and had the machine repaired and dumped (and the dumping process had a lot of problems, apparently.)

The rest of the article is just a timeline of the company that developed the system and notes about its development.

The article says the game is going to be in MAME in the future.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#376597 - 06/02/18 09:58 PM

>Thanks to Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org and Roberto Fresca we got El
>Fin del Tiempo (Niemer, 1981)

Bueno y Buena. Kudos to the group and Esther too.

--
New working machines
--

El Fin Del Tiempo [Esther Barranco, ARPA, Juegos 2.0, Recreativas.org, Roberto Fresca, The Dumping Union]
-

And good to know that with some work, it is now supported (unofficially at this time), but will be considered official when next release of MAME is out.

Esther Barranco rescues MrGoodwraith from the burden of residual guilt. Mr. Goodwraith can finally relax.

-
> El Tiempo Fin: Out bid by an infamous Japanese collector who had to pay a pretty
> penny due to my snipe I set. This collector is well known for his willingness to pay
> a fortune for a PCB he wants. Rarely if ever gets outbid.

"El Fin del Tiempo" by Niemer. I also lost a copy of this once. In my early days with the Dumping Project, I was suspicious of sniping sites, so I didn't snipe; instead, I just waited until the last minute to bid. Unfortunately, that meant that I lost a couple of boards that have never (or almost never) shown up again because I had a power or network failure during that last minute. "El Fin del Tiempo" is one of those. I would be so happy and would be able to shrug off so much residual guilt if that game could ever be dumped.
-

If that bezel could be scanned for artwork support too, that would be a bonus, but at this time just getting the game saved / preserved and working in MAME (and hopefully getting cab fully fixed up too) is a huge accomplishment. Another good chapter in a successful preservation effort and also for MAME as well.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: Foxhack]
#376598 - 06/02/18 10:05 PM

>translation for the gringos:

Thanks.

-
The machine was apparently made in very small quantities and there was no proof that any machines even existed aside from a flyer held by a foreign collector. Thanks to the research by various individuals, a person named Esther, who owned the only machine they could find, was found - but the system was damaged and required extensive repair. So they made an arrangement and had the machine repaired and dumped (and the dumping process had a lot of problems, apparently.)
-

It might be interesting if there is another side of this of how the cab got to her.

I wonder if an older relative owned an arcade and the cab was passed down to younger generations because it was rare or some other story about this.

It's too bad Entertainment Science's Bouncer wasn't able to have this same fate as El Fin del Tiempo.

Worluk
MAME Fan
Send PM

#376600 - 06/02/18 10:59 PM

> The complete story is here:
>
> Although it's in spanish only.

Without objection from the folks at recreativas.org, I will provide a mirror in English here:

http://www.slither-gdi.net/elfindeltiempo.htm

MrGoodwraith
Barnacle Clinging to the Ship of MAME
Reged: 10/12/05
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: gregf]
#376613 - 06/03/18 09:29 AM

> Esther Barranco rescues MrGoodwraith from the burden of
> residual guilt. Mr. Goodwraith can finally relax.

Man, does this moment feel good. So very, very good. My thanks to Stiletto for sending me a Facebook message about it; by all rights, I should be deep in dreamland because I have eight hours of driving to do tomorrow, but I'm so glad that I was awake to experience this!

P.S. Thanks also to gregf for sending me a lengthy PM here, even though my cell phone doesn't notify me of those. ;-)

Edited by MrGoodwraith (06/03/18 09:29 AM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: MrGoodwraith]
#376631 - 06/04/18 12:32 AM

>> Esther Barranco rescues MrGoodwraith from the burden of
>> residual guilt. Mr. Goodwraith can finally relax.

>Man, does this moment feel good. So very, very good. My thanks to Stiletto for sending me
>a Facebook message about it.....but I'm so glad that I was awake to experience this!

I had a hunch that would make your day.

>by all rights, I should be deep in dreamland because I have eight hours of driving to do
>tomorrow

Reminds me of my 2000 AD driving adventure of having to travel eastward from Tracey,CA through Reno and eastward to Salt Lake City and then another half day of driving from Salt Lake to a Denver suburb to arrive at a location by 6PM closing time. Made it there with about 20 minutes to spare.

>P.S. Thanks also to gregf for sending me a lengthy PM here, even though my cell phone
>doesn't notify me of those. ;-)

The SPAM message filter feature is enabled? *kidding*

dave00
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/28/15
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: Worluk]
#376668 - 06/05/18 02:48 AM

> > The complete story is here:
> >
> >
> > Although it's in spanish only.
>
> Without objection from the folks at recreativas.org, I will provide a mirror in
> English here:
>
> http://www.slither-gdi.net/elfindeltiempo.htm

Of course! Great Worluk, thanks!

Worluk
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: DU: El Fin del Tiempo new [Re: dave00]
#376671 - 06/05/18 05:11 AM

> Of course! Great Worluk, thanks!

Happy to do it. Thanks for letting me know.

And thanks for all your efforts in preserving arcade game history and congratulation on this great success!

Dreamstate
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/27/17
Send PM

#379132 - 10/25/18 05:17 PM

Found It on RR. I love the colors.

Edited by Dreamstate (10/26/18 03:50 AM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 172 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1549