View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Atari Pole Position 1 and 2 - Shifter overlay not visible
#376460 - 05/27/18 08:42 PM

All of a sudden my shift overlays for Atari's Pole Position 1 and 2 are gone. I tried to update my artwork files which seems to replace the old tiny shifter overlays with picture overlays of the physical shifter, but I'm having trouble on getting this new overlays to work. What am I doing wrong?

I have my bezel images enabled in mame UI.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Atari Pole Position 1 and 2 - Shifter overlay not visible new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#376462 - 05/27/18 09:26 PM

> All of a sudden my shift overlays for Atari's Pole Position 1 and 2 are gone. I tried
> to update my artwork files which seems to replace the old tiny shifter overlays with
> picture overlays of the physical shifter, but I'm having trouble on getting this new
> overlays to work. What am I doing wrong?
>
> I have my bezel images enabled in mame UI.

-- What version of MAME are you using?
-- Is the CPanel layer visible in "Video Options?

When these were last updated, the shifter is now part of the CPanel layer, so that needs to be turned on. You also need to be using at least MAME 0.143.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: Atari Pole Position 1 and 2 - Shifter overlay not visible new [Re: Mr. Do]
#376474 - 05/28/18 03:40 PM

> -- What version of MAME are you using?

The latest version

> -- Is the CPanel layer visible in "Video Options?

I don`t think so. Will check it out later today.

> When these were last updated, the shifter is now part of the CPanel layer, so that needs to be turned on.

I understand. But since my monitor is not too big to put the whole control panel images at the bottom of the game screen, would be possible to have that old tiny shifter overlay back over the game screen again? I know that it is much cooler to have the image of the real thing at the bottom of the screen, as long you have a bigger monitor to display it without shrink the game screen too much. But if it's not an option anymore, I'll try to use the new images instead. Thanks!!

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: Atari Pole Position 1 and 2 - Shifter overlay not visible new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#376483 - 05/29/18 03:22 AM

Ok, I've tried to enable my artworks in MAME and in QMC2 frontend as well but nothing works anymore! It's not showing my artwoks even with the artwork path set correctly in QMC2 and within the latest mame version. I don't know what else could I do to enable my artworks again...helppp!

EDIT: Problem solved!! There were a couple of old files in my MAME directory that were messing up my settings. After a full cleanup the artwork menus are back and working.

Edited by R.Coltrane (05/30/18 07:39 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#376560 - 05/31/18 08:25 PM

> Ok, I've tried to enable my artworks in MAME and in QMC2 frontend as well but nothing
> works anymore! It's not showing my artwoks even with the artwork path set correctly
> in QMC2 and within the latest mame version. I don't know what else could I do to
> enable my artworks again...helppp!
>
> EDIT: Problem solved!! There were a couple of old files in my MAME directory that
> were messing up my settings. After a full cleanup the artwork menus are back and
> working.

Yay!!

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 832 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 728