MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

-nohws switch
#376213 - 05/15/18 04:50 PM

i'm finally getting around to refreshing my mame base from a 2010 build. please forgive me if this is well-known, but my current .bat's fail because of the -nohws switch. did this get changed or dropped?

i learned everything i know from KC

AJR Hacker
MAME Developer
Reged: 02/01/16
Send PM

Re: -nohws switch new [Re: jopezu]
#376218 - 05/15/18 07:39 PM

The -hws/-hwstretch option was specific to DirectDraw, which MAME no longer supports. However, there is a similar option called -unevenstretch which MAME 0.172 and later have platform-independent support for.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

thanks - next question new [Re: AJR Hacker]
#376219 - 05/15/18 07:58 PM

the reason i was using the -nohws switch is because, when i enlarge the window shape, i'm basically wanting to see just plain nasty pixelation the way "the boards see it" in raw rbg space. when i resize now (even with no graphics options enabled), there's definitely either mame or os/renderer smoothing going on. any particular place i should start looking to get back to pixel city?

this may seem like an odd request, but i play with custom /artwork, and it's hard to tell exactly how it affects the image when there's universal AA going on somewhere.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: thanks - next question new [Re: jopezu]
#376225 - 05/15/18 09:40 PM

> the reason i was using the -nohws switch is because, when i enlarge the window shape,
> i'm basically wanting to see just plain nasty pixelation the way "the boards see it"
> in raw rbg space. when i resize now (even with no graphics options enabled), there's
> definitely either mame or os/renderer smoothing going on. any particular place i
> should start looking to get back to pixel city?
>
> this may seem like an odd request, but i play with custom /artwork, and it's hard to
> tell exactly how it affects the image when there's universal AA going on somewhere.

Ah, you are one sharing my tastes then. That would be the filter option.

Code:

#
# OSD ACCELERATED VIDEO OPTIONS
#
filter 0

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: thanks - next question new [Re: BIOS-D]
#376226 - 05/16/18 12:35 AM

awesome! perfect for testing (and i play that way sometimes too).

last question - does this have to be governed by the .ini setting, or can i switch that on/off at the cli? (i'll create varying bat files)

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: thanks - next question new [Re: jopezu]
#376227 - 05/16/18 01:17 AM

> awesome! perfect for testing (and i play that way sometimes too).
>
>
> last question - does this have to be governed by the .ini setting, or can i switch
> that on/off at the cli? (i'll create varying bat files)

Everything from the INI can be controlled via CLI. In this case it would be the -filter and -nofilter parameters.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 618