Pages: 1

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Stolen Credit Card Number
#375378 - 04/05/18 10:50 AM

So, apparently someone in England (maybe?) tried to go on a shopping spree the other day with my credit card number. Buying flowers from FTD, and over $350.00 in clothing from some online store, as well as some other stuff. I even got a call from FTD saying I'd need to call them back regarding an order I allegedly made... Probably because my CC wouldn't approve for the strange/unusual purchase/s. I also got a call from my CC company's fraud dept. to see if I recognized the recent purchases that were made.

Now... About FTD calling my number to see about the purchases, or to get another CC... That doesn't make any sense. If a business is going to call ME to approve a purchase, or get another CC#, of course I'm not going to say it's okay. So, that was either a goof on the persons part, or a way of telling me "we gots ya numba boi". Well, not only my CC#, but my phone # too.

So in the meantime, I'll be pondering how they could've gotten it.

eta: At any rate, the CC is now cancelled, and none of the fraudulent charges went through.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (04/05/18 10:55 AM)

LEVEL-4

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Stolen Credit Card Number new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#375379 - 04/05/18 04:17 PM

pr0n?

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Stolen Credit Card Number new [Re: B2K24]
#375396 - 04/06/18 12:53 AM

I had someone once get a hold of my number. They made their own card. Then went on a shopping spree at the dollar general for around 1k. I was not sure if I should be mad or impressed at the volume it would take to buy that much at the dollar general...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Stolen Credit Card Number new [Re: lharms]
#375455 - 04/07/18 09:38 AM

> I had someone once get a hold of my number. They made their own card. Then went on a
> shopping spree at the dollar general for around 1k. I was not sure if I should be mad
> or impressed at the volume it would take to buy that much at the dollar general...

I'm going to assume you didn't have to pay that amount off...

My CC statement has my balance at somewhere around $295.xx, but only shows the transactions from last month, not the previous legit transactions *I* made, which should be around $80.00.

Hopefully they'll get it figured out and I won't have to pay for anything I didn't actually use my card on.

LEVEL-4

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Re: Stolen Credit Card Number new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#375479 - 04/08/18 02:30 AM

The credit card company caught it and called me. They even started reversing the charges.

If you have extra items and they did not catch it just give them a call. There may be a bit of paperwork to fill out. I had that happen once on a different occasion. Filled out the form on the back of the statement and sent it in. Charge dropped. They will give you another number and mail you another card.

The big one was through the target break in they had a few years ago.

Like I said I was more impressed that someone bought that much junk at a dollar store.

A dude I work with has them text a message to him every time there is any charge. I just review it once a month or so.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Stolen Credit Card Number new [Re: lharms]
#375503 - 04/08/18 06:41 PM

> The credit card company caught it and called me. They even started reversing the
> charges.
>
> If you have extra items and they did not catch it just give them a call. There may be
> a bit of paperwork to fill out. I had that happen once on a different occasion.
> Filled out the form on the back of the statement and sent it in. Charge dropped. They
> will give you another number and mail you another card.
>
> The big one was through the target break in they had a few years ago.
>
> Like I said I was more impressed that someone bought that much junk at a dollar
> store.
>
> A dude I work with has them text a message to him every time there is any charge. I
> just review it once a month or so.

Good thing that crook too stupid not go to the strip club.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 314 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 565