MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Electronic Number Muncher - Question.
#375106 - 03/25/18 08:57 PM Attachment: s-l1600.jpg 277 KB (0 downloads)

Anyone here can do artwork out of this? Straighten it out or redo into a new one. Until someone scan it into a high res. Just a temp artwork for now. Click on the buttons artwork. Alt using the keyboard. Found this image on the internet. There maybe a better image. I stop looking after I found this one.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Electronic Number Muncher - Question. new [Re: Dullaron]
#375108 - 03/25/18 09:52 PM

> Anyone here can do artwork out of this? Straighten it out or redo into a new one.
> Until someone scan it into a high res. Just a temp artwork for now. Click on the
> buttons artwork. Alt using the keyboard. Found this image on the internet. There
> maybe a better image. I stop looking after I found this one.

I had already grabbed this for "future use" a few days ago.

=D

(And that second pic isn't white; it's just a really bad, faded pic).

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Electronic Number Muncher - Question. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#375116 - 03/26/18 03:58 AM

> (And that second pic isn't white; it's just a really bad, faded pic).

Oh that explain the colors. Thanks for telling me. I deleted it then.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Electronic Number Muncher - Question. new [Re: Dullaron]
#375120 - 03/26/18 11:25 AM

> Anyone here can do artwork out of this? Straighten it out or redo into a new one.
> Until someone scan it into a high res. Just a temp artwork for now. Click on the
> buttons artwork. Alt using the keyboard. Found this image on the internet. There
> maybe a better image. I stop looking after I found this one.

I saw your comment on the Shoutbox, "Kids will love playing this on MAME with the scans artwork."

You're 100% correct. I got one for Christmas in 1989 when I was 4 years old, and I loved it. It was during December last year when I remembered it, and hap picked one up and sent it to Sean for me as a Christmas gift.

AaronGiles
Galaxiwarrior
Send PM

Re: Electronic Number Muncher - Question. new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#375143 - 03/27/18 05:57 PM

We also need to get the TI Little Professor artwork going. Jason Scott mentioned that along with Speak & Spell as being key examples of items that need artwork to really shine. I pointed him to your S&S artwork and doing that makes a huge difference to their online presentation.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Electronic Number Muncher - Question. new [Re: AaronGiles]
#375162 - 03/28/18 09:18 AM Attachment: getting_started.jpg 2793 KB (0 downloads)

> We also need to get the TI Little Professor artwork going. Jason Scott mentioned that
> along with Speak & Spell as being key examples of items that need artwork to really
> shine. I pointed him to your S&S artwork and doing that makes a huge difference to
> their online presentation.

Getting there, as fast as I can...kinda disappointed though that they didn't use the updated S&S artwork (fixed a couple of the keys that were crooked).

Attachment

AaronGiles
Galaxiwarrior
Send PM

Re: Electronic Number Muncher - Question. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#375205 - 03/29/18 08:58 PM

> Getting there, as fast as I can...kinda disappointed though that they didn't use the
> updated S&S artwork (fixed a couple of the keys that were crooked).

It was just the timing of when they grabbed it, I'm sure. Easy enough to fix if he's alerted to it.

I also pointed him to your Simon artwork but I don't think that's been ingested yet.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

General Question about GUI - DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HATE ME new [Re: Dullaron]
#375250 - 03/31/18 02:43 AM

Are there any plans to create a "windowless" option in MAME? This would be especially nice with hand-helds, with a transparent background as opposed to a black background.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

Dullaron
Send PM

Here is Tennis (Tomy) - Tennis cort snapshot. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#375279 - 04/01/18 01:36 PM Attachment: maxresdefault.jpg 95 KB (1 downloads)

It not perfect but it can be redone into a artwork. Just gotta know where the players are standing at.

By the way. I found these. http://hyperspin-fe.com/profile/188-krakerman/content/?type=forums_topic_post&page=4

Attachment

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Here is Tennis (Tomy) - Tennis cort snapshot. new [Re: Dullaron]
#375284 - 04/01/18 09:17 PM

> It not perfect but it can be redone into a artwork. Just gotta know where the players
> are standing at.

Found a few other pics, that show the whole thing pretty good... downloaded for "future" use... Thanks!!!

> By the way. I found these.
> http://hyperspin-fe.com/profile/188-krakerman/content/?type=forums_topic_post&page=4

Yeah... I've seen Krakerman's stuff already... he does really good work; amazing, in fact... if... all you care about is having artwork to fill up the empty part of the screen on a widescreen display. That works for the Hyperspin / RetroArch crowd, as that seems to be the big thing over there.

But over here, accuracy is still the #1 priority.

Makes me wonder how those same people watch TV shows that are in 4:3 format, since everyone seems to be allergic to the "ugly black bars" on each side of the screen.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Here is Tennis (Tomy) - Tennis cort snapshot. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#375287 - 04/01/18 10:33 PM

> > It not perfect but it can be redone into a artwork. Just gotta know where the
> players
> > are standing at.
>
> Found a few other pics, that show the whole thing pretty good... downloaded for
> "future" use... Thanks!!!

Cool

> > By the way. I found these.
> >
> http://hyperspin-fe.com/profile/188-krakerman/content/?type=forums_topic_post&page=4
>
>
> Yeah... I've seen Krakerman's stuff already... he does really good work; amazing, in
> fact... if... all you care about is having artwork to fill up the empty part of the
> screen on a widescreen display. That works for the Hyperspin / RetroArch crowd, as
> that seems to be the big thing over there.
>
> But over here, accuracy is still the #1 priority.

Yea I know. There that one. Space Battle (Entex 1979) I thought it can be useful only on the game screen print part. Cut the rest out. Then use the real plastics parts.

> Makes me wonder how those same people watch TV shows that are in 4:3 format, since
> everyone seems to be allergic to the "ugly black bars" on each side of the screen.

I can't stand that. I use the HLSL and the BGFX to fix that.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 597 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 976