MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Fashion nonsense you can't believe came back in style
#374658 - 03/13/18 02:35 AM Attachment: Clipboard01.png 34 KB (0 downloads)

#1 on my list is tightly pulling up white socks. My earliest memories are that this was in style in late 70s to maybe 1980, then it became the biggest clothing no-no on the planet with everyone with a remote bit of youth completely condemning it. The fact that middle aged people at the time still did it just emphasized the idea that it was the lamest thing you could do with your clothing, a lightning rod of being out of touch. I was absolutely positive that I would never see another generation pulling their socks tight, then a few years ago it came back. Still can't believe it. It looks so fucking wack it drives me a bit insane.

#2 ripped jeans. I still remember being at the mall in the mid 80s and seeing this being a menu item. You would pay for the people behind the counter to professionally rip holes in your jeans to look like a crackhead rock star. It's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Now you don't even pay for people to ruin your jeans, you get them ruined off the rack.

What are your bits to add? Add something or temp ban.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Fashion nonsense you can't believe came back in style new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374659 - 03/13/18 02:55 AM

>

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Fashion nonsense you can't believe came back in style new [Re: Robbbert]
#374661 - 03/13/18 04:12 AM

>
> I always thought buying new ripped jeans and clothes with holes and patches was so
> stupid.
>

The stupid fucking white threads halfway folding them together is all that keeps them from going completely tits up to where they'd be full frontal assless chaps of the knee and thigh, which would happen the first day wearing them if they led even 1% as rough and tough a lifestyle as they like to pretend to lead in their pussy ass ripped denim joke of a pant. Puuuuuuh-ssssieeeess.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

#374663 - 03/13/18 04:25 AM

> #1 on my list is tightly pulling up white socks. My earliest memories are that this
> was in style in late 70s to maybe 1980, then it became the biggest clothing no-no on
> the planet with everyone with a remote bit of youth completely condemning it. The
> fact that middle aged people at the time still did it just emphasized the idea that
> it was the lamest thing you could do with your clothing, a lightning rod of being out
> of touch. I was absolutely positive that I would never see another generation pulling
> their socks tight, then a few years ago it came back. Still can't believe it. It
> looks so fucking wack it drives me a bit insane.
>
> #2 ripped jeans. I still remember being at the mall in the mid 80s and seeing this
> being a menu item. You would pay for the people behind the counter to professionally
> rip holes in your jeans to look like a crackhead rock star. It's the dumbest thing
> I've ever heard of. Now you don't even pay for people to ruin your jeans, you get
> them ruined off the rack.
>
>
> What are your bits to add? Add something or temp ban.

Fucking bowl cuts. It's the hairstyle equivalent of '70s athletic socks pulled up to the knees.

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

waist-high, ass-flattening blue jeans. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374681 - 03/13/18 04:58 PM

yes. 90's mom jeans have arrived again. it's almost unbelievable when you see it in person in 2018.

i learned everything i know from KC

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Fashion nonsense you can't believe came back in style new [Re: jeremymtc]
#374694 - 03/14/18 03:33 AM

> Fucking bowl cuts. It's the hairstyle equivalent of '70s athletic socks pulled up to
> the knees.

Also, bangs on women that look like bowl cuts...

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Final warning, reply or I'll ban you into oblivion (nt) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374699 - 03/14/18 06:13 AM

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Fashion nonsense you can't believe came back in style new [Re: krick]
#374705 - 03/14/18 07:35 AM

> > Fucking bowl cuts. It's the hairstyle equivalent of '70s athletic socks pulled up
> to
> > the knees.
>
> Also, bangs on women that look like bowl cuts...

And the higher the cut or more forehead that shows, the more likely they're... well... *not gunna say*

As for my contribution to the topic...

Well, I was thinking about this.... Seems like it's not as popular like it was, but the black, thick rimmed glasses from the 60's or whenever. Ray-bans? And other styles of glasses that look like something your grandparents would've worn back in the day of sock-hops, greased back hair, and putting peanuts in their cokes.

LEVEL-4

SecretAgentMan
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

#374709 - 03/14/18 02:49 PM

Fanny packs, over sized jackets and the grunge look. Oh, and I have also seen some women wearing clothes with the huge 80's looking shoulder pads.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

I have no business saying anything about any fashion new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374719 - 03/15/18 12:10 AM

My glasses predate the Clinton administration, because these frames lasted longest.

My shoes, pants, and shirts, when not sweats and tees, are mostly from the '90s. If I bought it, it was purchased with little regard for style, other than generally avoiding prints and stripes.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 73 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 593