MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

I notice about the real arcade screens look. Just read. Gotta understand about this.
#374576 - 03/11/18 05:00 AM

Try this out on mame.ini You want something that look sharp and close to the real thing. Not talking about the scan lines. Just the game play on the bulb screen.

distortion -0.03 #Close to straight lines.
cubic_distortion 0.05 #All 3 of the 0.05.
distort_corner 0.05
round_corner 0.05 #Excite Bike change this to 12. The reason I use 5 instead of 12 because of a number get cut on some of the games. Sometimes I have to lower the number than 5.
smooth_border 0.01 #Sharp the boarder.

You do not want the game screen look like a bubble screen and have blurry boarder. Go check out John's Arcade video below. You will see what I mean about that. The bulbs have more curve than the games.

I did notice that the Excite Bike on this video is showing extra graphics. The line at the bottom of the screen. In MAME it is missing or hidden. Unless I looking at the wrong sets.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: I notice about the real arcade screens look. Just read. Gotta understand about this. new [Re: Dullaron]
#374584 - 03/11/18 07:15 AM

Not sure what you're talking about.

Why not zip up and attach the relevant settings of mame.ini, raster.ini, or hlsl.json

If you want people to look at a custom look then please make it easy for us. Provide a drop-in solution of what you're working with.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: I notice about the real arcade screens look. Just read. Gotta understand about this. new [Re: B2K24]
#374585 - 03/11/18 08:25 AM Attachment: mame.zip 6 KB (4 downloads)

> Not sure what you're talking about.
>
> Why not zip up and attach the relevant settings of mame.ini, raster.ini, or hlsl.json
>
> If you want people to look at a custom look then please make it easy for us. Provide
> a drop-in solution of what you're working with.

Here you go. I took out the other scan lines. Just have the ones going across only. Look brighter this way.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Dullaron
Send PM

I think I found a bug on Vs Excite Bike. There is a line that moves. new [Re: Dullaron]
#374586 - 03/11/18 08:35 AM Attachment: Untitled.png 2496 KB (0 downloads)

Official MAME 0.195. That shouldn't be moving out of place. Also there a line from the bottom that is missing. Probably imperfect graphics. What happen is it flicking out of place when moving. Unless it an hack or bootleg got mix up with the sets.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: I think I found a bug on Vs Excite Bike. There is a line that moves. new [Re: Dullaron]
#374639 - 03/12/18 02:42 PM

> Official MAME 0.195. That shouldn't be moving out of place. Also there a line from
> the bottom that is missing. Probably imperfect graphics. What happen is it flicking
> out of place when moving. Unless it an hack or bootleg got mix up with the sets.

Since the NES version does basically the same thing and has the IMPERFECT GRAPHICS flag, maybe we should flag all the VS games IMPERFECT as well.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: I think I found a bug on Vs Excite Bike. There is a line that moves. new [Re: Tafoid]
#374713 - 03/14/18 05:44 PM Attachment: 0003.png 10 KB (0 downloads)

> > Official MAME 0.195. That shouldn't be moving out of place. Also there a line from
> > the bottom that is missing. Probably imperfect graphics. What happen is it flicking
> > out of place when moving. Unless it an hack or bootleg got mix up with the sets.
>
> Since the NES version does basically the same thing and has the IMPERFECT GRAPHICS
> flag, maybe we should flag all the VS games IMPERFECT as well.

playch10 > pc_ebike does that too.

I don't understand how all 3 systems having the same issue. These games made different. Nintendo, Player Choice 10 and Vs.

Edit: Nevermind about the Goonies. My mind playing tricks. lol

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: I think I found a bug on Vs Excite Bike. There is a line that moves. new [Re: Dullaron]
#374720 - 03/15/18 01:44 AM

> > > Official MAME 0.195. That shouldn't be moving out of place. Also there a line
> from
> > > the bottom that is missing. Probably imperfect graphics. What happen is it
> flicking
> > > out of place when moving. Unless it an hack or bootleg got mix up with the sets.
> >
> > Since the NES version does basically the same thing and has the IMPERFECT GRAPHICS
> > flag, maybe we should flag all the VS games IMPERFECT as well.
>
> playch10 > pc_ebike does that too.
>
> I don't understand how all 3 systems having the same issue. These games made
> different. Nintendo, Player Choice 10 and Vs.
>
> Edit: Nevermind about the Goonies. My mind playing tricks. lol

Goonies never or die, or have bug fixes?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#374721 - 03/15/18 01:48 AM

> > > Official MAME 0.195. That shouldn't be moving out of place. Also there a line
> from
> > > the bottom that is missing. Probably imperfect graphics. What happen is it
> flicking
> > > out of place when moving. Unless it an hack or bootleg got mix up with the sets.
> >
> > Since the NES version does basically the same thing and has the IMPERFECT GRAPHICS
> > flag, maybe we should flag all the VS games IMPERFECT as well.
>
> playch10 > pc_ebike does that too.
>
> I don't understand how all 3 systems having the same issue. These games made
> different. Nintendo, Player Choice 10 and Vs.
>
> Edit: Nevermind about the Goonies. My mind playing tricks. lol

They are ALL NES hardware games, using the same display methods. There may be minor differences in the program but the same issue applies across the board. Since it is logged, there is no need to add more - mostly due to the fact that it is a known issue from the NES console side (which is flagged, again, with imperfect graphics).

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: I think I found a bug on Vs Excite Bike. There is a line that moves. new [Re: Tafoid]
#374738 - 03/15/18 07:52 AM

> > > > Official MAME 0.195. That shouldn't be moving out of place. Also there a line
> > from
> > > > the bottom that is missing. Probably imperfect graphics. What happen is it
> > flicking
> > > > out of place when moving. Unless it an hack or bootleg got mix up with the
> sets.
> > >
> > > Since the NES version does basically the same thing and has the IMPERFECT
> GRAPHICS
> > > flag, maybe we should flag all the VS games IMPERFECT as well.
> >
> > playch10 > pc_ebike does that too.
> >
> > I don't understand how all 3 systems having the same issue. These games made
> > different. Nintendo, Player Choice 10 and Vs.
> >
> > Edit: Nevermind about the Goonies. My mind playing tricks. lol
>
> They are ALL NES hardware games, using the same display methods. There may be minor
> differences in the program but the same issue applies across the board. Since it is
> logged, there is no need to add more - mostly due to the fact that it is a known
> issue from the NES console side (which is flagged, again, with imperfect graphics).

They use the same graphics chips then. Sound about right.

Dullaron
Send PM

Try these. I like these settings better. new [Re: Dullaron]
#374755 - 03/15/18 06:03 PM Attachment: mame.zip 7 KB (3 downloads)

distortion -0.08
cubic_distortion 0.10
distort_corner 0.02
round_corner 0.10
smooth_border 0.01

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 541 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 775