MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal
#374495 - 03/09/18 04:28 AM Attachment: giphy.gif 375 KB (0 downloads)

His whole "universe" of characters are getting movies on Netflix.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Will they have feet on Netflix? (nt) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374505 - 03/09/18 02:48 PM

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374556 - 03/10/18 09:13 PM

> His whole "universe" of characters are getting movies on Netflix.

If by "creator" you mean "blatantly ripped off Deathstroke the Terminator, gave him a palette swap, and sold it to Marvel." The Deadpool that everyone knows of was created by other writers who actually decided to give him a proper personality.

Netflix is going to lose hard on this deal. None of Liefeld's so-called creations hold up nowadays. Unless they completely redo all the concepts and backstories, it's going to be trash.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Foxhack]
#374558 - 03/10/18 09:16 PM

Pretty sure Netflix knows what they are doing with comic character deals and stories a lot more than you do but thanks.

Nightvoice
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/19/10
Loc: The Room Next To You
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374560 - 03/10/18 11:50 PM

Sometimes. Jessica Jones was the worst comic adaptation since the Fantastic Four movie, and Iron Fist wasn't much better. Daredevil was a hit, though.

----------------------
I have officially retired from sucking at everything I do. Life is much easier now.

My MAME/MESS artwork files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ABxeKgNIrKlIsyck7dx4V241NFQDWAF4
Related screen shots: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U5IbvbVzYW97PuOOQuocvZFE_YJz7WIn

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Nightvoice]
#374561 - 03/11/18 12:08 AM

If changes from comic to screen are going to be the biggest factor then there's almost always going to be a lot of disappointment, yeah I can see that but millions of people watch the shows that never read the comics so that isn't something many would ever even consider. J Jones is very very highly rated and whenever I ask people what their favorites are it's been near the top.

I loved Daredevil (tv shows / feel I have to say that because of the Affleck movie). Fantastic Four was terrible other than Chris Evans, I think he's the only one involved that you couldn't put a single bit of the blame on, but that's me. Iron Fist was a total failure, I don't know how they failed that hard with it, maybe just no consulting during planning but with DC's tween soap opera Flash, they were I guess allowed a stinker. I don't really know how they managed to screw so much up in Iron Fist. Everyone I've talked to about it didn't finish the season and thinks it stinks on ice.

I haven't finished Defenders yet either, don't know why but the first eps just not doing it for me, maybe I was in an incompatible mood.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Nightvoice]
#374566 - 03/11/18 01:43 AM

> Sometimes. Jessica Jones was the worst comic adaptation since the Fantastic Four
> movie, and Iron Fist wasn't much better. Daredevil was a hit, though.

Having read Alias (the series of comics on which the JJ series was based), I enjoyed the Netflix version. But then, I'm not generally very critical of such things.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

#374582 - 03/11/18 06:37 AM

> Pretty sure Netflix knows what they are doing with comic character deals and stories
> a lot more than you do but thanks.

If Bright and Cloverfield Paradox are any indication, they don't, but thanks. :P

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Foxhack]
#374583 - 03/11/18 06:39 AM

I didn't even know those were comics. Point accepted.

Trebor
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

#374595 - 03/11/18 03:47 PM

> Fantastic Four was terrible other than Chris Evans, I think he's the only one
> involved that you couldn't put a single bit of the blame on, but that's me.

Not *that* Fantastic Four, this one is worse:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Trebor]
#374601 - 03/11/18 07:43 PM

Oh I didn't think they even went through with making that. Wow that has to be the most doomed comic franchise.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#374613 - 03/11/18 09:21 PM

> Sometimes. Jessica Jones was the worst comic adaptation since the Fantastic Four
> movie, and Iron Fist wasn't much better. Daredevil was a hit, though.

Most everyone seems to think JJ is awesome though. My wife even watches it and when I try giving it a look I'm like meh.

I'd rather be watching the Star Treks than any of this new crap they come up with tbh.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Send PM

Re: Creator of Dead Pool just signed with Netflix for 7 figure deal new [Re: Trebor]
#374627 - 03/12/18 12:54 AM

> > Fantastic Four was terrible other than Chris Evans, I think he's the only one
> > involved that you couldn't put a single bit of the blame on, but that's me.
>
> Not *that* Fantastic Four, this one is worse:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

Everything before the accident is decentish.

Once the accident hits the entire movie becomes a trainwreck.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 441