MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Revenge of the Nerd documentary
#374004 - 02/16/18 08:12 PM

https://youtu.be/R3tDatQ_cwE

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Dude, that was great, thanks for the link! *nt* new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374014 - 02/17/18 12:59 PM

> https://youtu.be/R3tDatQ_cwE

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Re: Revenge of the Nerd documentary new [Re: Smitdogg]
#374146 - 02/26/18 07:10 PM

What was it? The YouTube account was terminated

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Revenge of the Nerd documentary new [Re: TrevEB]
#374149 - 02/26/18 07:22 PM

Man that suuuckss. It was a documentary on the making of the movie and had all the actors telling their stories, everything to do with it was more interesting than you'd have thought. Wish I would have keepvid'd that thing. Maybe it's somewhere else on the web. It was one of the most entertaining movie docs I've seen.

Curtis Armstrong read the script and went to try out, said he would play anyone except Booger, then was offered Booger and accepted (was funny the way he says it).

The guy who was Poindexter made up the whole dance scene stuff himself.

The guy who played Lamar was not gay in real life but while the rest of the cast got swarmed by girls during filming, all of them thought he was gay in real life and wouldn't give him the time of day.

The guy who played Gilbert locked himself in a hotel room whenever they weren't shooting to stay perfectly in character on and off screen.

The whole thing was supposed to be a flop, planned flop by Fox to use as a tax writeoff after a previous film was highly successful, then the movie was a huge hit, except they didn't print enough copies/put it in enough theaters so they kind of shot themselves in the foot twice.

There was a big scene about getting the director to remake "Animal House" with nerds, but the story was told in an interesting way.

Stuff like that. Just really well made documentary.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#374251 - 03/01/18 06:23 AM

> Wish I would have keepvid'd that thing.

I did. I Keepvid or similar many things I watch on YouTube (partly because I'm a hoarder, and partly because the volume is too low, so I download, watch with VLC and crank to 200%.

But over the last few months I have been fighting major battles with the hoarder in me, because I've never got any free space on my machines, and a huge stack of external USB harddrives in the corner that I can't be bothered searching through to find stuff. (Need a single 80 TB drive array / NAS).

So, while I did Keepvid this ROTN doco, I deleted it after watching it. Had to really force myself to hit the DEL key - not used to deleting stuff. But, I've probably still got it on another machine or USB thumb drive ... will try and dig it out if you like ???

P.S. I keep thinking of developing a drive cataloguer - like the Apple ][ had (Disk Catalog ??). But then I think - bah, don't be stupid, you wont use it, you don't need it, .....

Moose

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Revenge of the Nerd documentary new [Re: Moose]
#374252 - 03/01/18 06:27 AM

Yeah I think it's worth finding and uploading to mega just to share here alone, plus I'd like a saved copy. Wasn't too long ago so it shouldn't be many folders to look through, I would guess.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#374255 - 03/01/18 06:33 AM

OK, will see if I can find it.

UPDATE: Looks like I downloaded it to my Sandbox, watched it, and deleted it - on 24-Feb-2018.
Recuva cannot recover it.
Sorry Smit, its gone.

Edited by Moose (03/01/18 06:49 AM)

Moose

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 696