View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Dammit Stiletto
#373873 - 02/12/18 01:18 PM Attachment: what_a_MESS.png 656 KB (3 downloads)

Sigh...

I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to see what I could find.

I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Dammit Stiletto new [Re: Mr. Do]
#373878 - 02/12/18 06:13 PM

> Sigh...
>
> I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to see
> what I could find.
>
> I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.

I haven't sleep yet as well. lol

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#374101 - 02/23/18 11:43 PM

> Sigh...
>
> I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to see
> what I could find.
>
> I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.

I'm good that way.

- Stiletto

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Dammit Stiletto new [Re: Stiletto]
#374107 - 02/24/18 06:38 AM

> > Sigh...
> >
> > I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to see
> > what I could find.
> >
> > I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.
>
> I'm good that way.
>
> - Stiletto

Good thing I'm on vacation this week.

Just in the last 24 hours, I've learned how to:

-- Find an alternate for Scroll Lock, since my keyboard doesn't have that key
-- Set a Nixie Clock
-- Play a Coleco and Tomy handheld
-- Load games on an Apple IIe
-- Load games on a Brit computer
-- Load games on a Commodore
-- Play chess using 1-8 + A-H
-- Use single-board computers
-- Keep my patience when editing a LAY file with a bunch of clickable buttons
-- Better fix the perspective on part of a photograph, without skewing the whole thing

Among other things.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#381052 - 02/11/19 06:51 AM Attachment: 29.jpg 95 KB (1 downloads)

> > Sigh...
> >
> > I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to see
> > what I could find.
> >
> > I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.
>
> I'm good that way.
>
> - Stiletto

29 to go, and you can retire the old page

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

#381085 - 02/13/19 07:52 AM

> > > Sigh...
> > >
> > > I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to
> see
> > > what I could find.
> > >
> > > I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.
> >
> > I'm good that way.
> >
> > - Stiletto
>
> 29 to go, and you can retire the old page

Just remember, if you're going to update the artwork for gamecom, you must include the grid internal artwork, otherwise clicking the mouse won't do anything. You can find the grid by using MAME's tab menu, video options, Default Grid.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Dammit Stiletto new [Re: Robbbert]
#381086 - 02/13/19 08:21 AM

> > > > Sigh...
> > > >
> > > > I'm supposed to be working on arcade artwork, but just haaaad to go looking to
> > see
> > > > what I could find.
> > > >
> > > > I've got to go to bed... work in the morning.
> > >
> > > I'm good that way.
> > >
> > > - Stiletto
> >
> > 29 to go, and you can retire the old page
>
>
> Just remember, if you're going to update the artwork for gamecom, you must include
> the grid internal artwork, otherwise clicking the mouse won't do anything. You can
> find the grid by using MAME's tab menu, video options, Default Grid.

Noted... gamecom was already added a few months ago, when it still wasn't working correctly, I guess. I'll swing back around and update it. Thanks for the info!!

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#381117 - 02/14/19 08:47 PM

Awesome! Vectrex alone is quite the project!

Does this mean you've completed gameboy, ngp, ngpc but haven't yet uploaded them to the website?

And I assume you've deemed mo5, mo5nr, and mo6 too nonessential to update?

Then in that case:

Stretch goal 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/awrgm0f8vqof0cs/mess_artwork_misc.zip
contains some scans that were never converted to artwork. It was obviously planned, but never completed. This includes: pc1251, pc1350, pc1500, pc1500a (unemulated), pdp1, and trs80pc2 (unemulated?). There's also an artwork for something called "svision-tvlink", which looks to be a faked-up thing that was replaced. I think we emulate the Supervision TV Link now? Not saying you have to use /these/ scans, maybe better scans exist.

Stretch goal 2: while rebuilding the wiki many years ago, I found evidence of an artwork for Kyotronic 85 (kc85), kc85.zip. However, it seems no one ever saved it, not even archive.org. No idea what it even would have looked like, tho adb.arcadeitalia.net has some photos from the cabinets project.

Stretch goal 3: Comboman has artwork for tntell, but there's some programmatic layout thing standing in the way of releasing it (IIRC). Not sure if it's fixable yet. Same goes for the a2600 artwork with automatically-changing cartridge labels. Also, Nightvoice's Wildfire pinball, forget what the situation on that was.

Stretch goal 4: hap has scans of Mattel Dallas (mdallas), but IDK if you could get anything usable from it: https://tsk-tsk.net/net/temp/matteldallas_scans.7z
Somewhere (here?) I've also collected bezels from Tiger 7-in-1 Sports Stadium (7in1ss)

Fantastic work so far, better than anything I could have done!

- Stiletto

Edited by Stiletto (02/14/19 09:16 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#381121 - 02/15/19 08:41 AM

>
> Awesome! Vectrex alone is quite the project!

This is practically ready to go for me to setup... just waiting on one important part of the artwork set, and it will be done.

> Does this mean you've completed gameboy, ngp, ngpc but haven't yet uploaded them to
> the website?

Yup... along with... hold on... 49 other files for the next release. So far.

> And I assume you've deemed mo5, mo5nr, and mo6 too nonessential to update?

Nope... I promised every file would get a real replacement... those are also done (with more stuff added than the original).

> Then in that case:
>
> Stretch goal 1: http://www.mediafire.com/file/awrgm0f8vqof0cs/mess_artwork_misc.zip
> contains some scans that were never converted to artwork. It was obviously planned,
> but never completed. This includes: pc1251, pc1350, pc1500, pc1500a (unemulated),
> pdp1, and trs80pc2 (unemulated?). There's also an artwork for something called
> "svision-tvlink", which looks to be a faked-up thing that was replaced. I think we
> emulate the Supervision TV Link now? Not saying you have to use /these/ scans, maybe
> better scans exist.

The HP and TI calculators in this are already done, along with the Avigo and MK2. The Sharp models will be used, unless I can find bigger pics, but now I know what to look for. The TVLink... I'll check out the driver and see how it works... I already grabbed another picture for it just in case, if needed.

Someone recently sent me a really cool file for pdp1... also said he has a version that will work with something being updated in MAME... want to find out what that is, and see if he can submit it.

>
> Stretch goal 2: while rebuilding the wiki many years ago, I found evidence of an
> artwork for Kyotronic 85 (kc85), kc85.zip. However, it seems no one ever saved it,
> not even archive.org. No idea what it even would have looked like, tho
> adb.arcadeitalia.net has some photos from the cabinets project.

Found a pic for it, so it will be covered.

> Stretch goal 3: Comboman has artwork for tntell, but there's some programmatic layout
> thing standing in the way of releasing it (IIRC). Not sure if it's fixable yet. Same
> goes for the a2600 artwork with automatically-changing cartridge labels. Also,
> Nightvoice's Wildfire pinball, forget what the situation on that was.

I'll get with hap and see if he made any progress on tntell driver. Atari 2600 won't have the multiple cartridge thing out the gate, for now. I'll also look at Wildfire... I have it here.

> Stretch goal 4: hap has scans of Mattel Dallas (mdallas), but IDK if you could get
> anything usable from it: https://tsk-tsk.net/net/temp/matteldallas_scans.7z
> Somewhere (here?) I've also collected bezels from Tiger 7-in-1 Sports Stadium
> (7in1ss)

Dallas... not sure what to do with that yet, but I'll keep it around. Send me pics of 7in1ss.

> Fantastic work so far, better than anything I could have done!
>
> - Stiletto

Thank you... and don't think once what's on the old page is done, that that will be it... it's just a matter of me going through and identifying the different systems that need pics, finding them, and applying them.

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#381128 - 02/15/19 11:21 PM

> This is practically ready to go for me to setup... just waiting on one important part
> of the artwork set, and it will be done.
>
> > Does this mean you've completed gameboy, ngp, ngpc but haven't yet uploaded them to
> > the website?
>
> Yup... along with... hold on... 49 other files for the next release. So far.
>
> > And I assume you've deemed mo5, mo5nr, and mo6 too nonessential to update?
>
> Nope... I promised every file would get a real replacement... those are also done
> (with more stuff added than the original).

OH, so awesome! Thanks so much!

> Someone recently sent me a really cool file for pdp1... also said he has a version
> that will work with something being updated in MAME... want to find out what that is,
> and see if he can submit it.

Sounds interesting!

> Found a pic for it, so it will be covered.

Great, thank you!

> Send me pics of 7in1ss.

Found where I found it: http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Z_Imgs/Tiger/
If you can do something with it, credit "Rik", who runs handheldmuseum.com.

> Thank you... and don't think once what's on the old page is done, that that will be
> it... it's just a matter of me going through and identifying the different systems
> that need pics, finding them, and applying them.

Awesome! There's too many targets to list. Of course, there's the project of resurrecting the old chess machine artwork, but that's waiting on a new chess board simulation engine, so best to wait on that. Maybe targeting the Tiger handhelds and Konami handhelds and Coleco VFD games and anything that isn't Game&Watch? I dunno. As always, it's whatever floats your boat.

https://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=107700 is where I tried to corral chatter over at Bannister.org but I haven't updated the thread in a while. (There's probably other historical threads over there yet to be mined for info...)

[EDIT] BTW, while cross-comparing mess.redump.net and mrdo.mameworld.info to figure out where you stood, I saw that pokemini, sym1, tec1, and ti84pcse were all mentioned as Clickable at mess.redump.net and not clickable at mrdo.mameworld.info, but when I downloaded them from mrdo.mameworld.info, their LAY files seemed to have "imagetags"... so I guess that's wrong? IDK. Hopefully there aren't any others.

- Stiletto

Edited by Stiletto (02/15/19 11:39 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#382103 - 04/23/19 08:11 AM

15 and counting.

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#382108 - 04/23/19 09:01 PM

>
>
> 15 and counting.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1357