MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Gamecube, PS1 and PS2 HDMI video adapter - I need help finding some good ones.
#373393 - 01/25/18 05:42 AM

For example.

My GameCube have that port thing on the back. I don't want to pay $100 for this thing that is showing on this video.

But here is the problem... Same guy who made the video above.

Now you know why I'm so scared to buy something like this one.

For now I using my old HDTV in the food table room. I want to move onto my old ASUS HDMI computer screen in my bed room.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

Re: Gamecube, PS1 and PS2 HDMI video adapter - I need help finding some good ones. new [Re: Dullaron]
#373397 - 01/25/18 07:15 AM

Use Nintendo’s own component cables, then use a good component to HDMI adapter if your television doesn’t have component inputs.

Always enable progressive scan for the games that support it. Otherwise you will get lag from deinterlacing.

If you have a Wii, use that instead. It outputs analog only so component cables for it are a lot cheaper.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Gamecube, PS1 and PS2 HDMI video adapter - I need help finding some good ones. new [Re: anikom15]
#373411 - 01/25/18 05:50 PM

> Use Nintendo’s own component cables, then use a good component to HDMI adapter if
> your television doesn’t have component inputs.
>
> Always enable progressive scan for the games that support it. Otherwise you will get
> lag from deinterlacing.
>
> If you have a Wii, use that instead. It outputs analog only so component cables for
> it are a lot cheaper.

I went ahead got a RCA to HDMI for the video only. It one of those small thing that uses power in order to use. Also have a switch on it for different screen support. (I can use this on a HDTV without the RCA to Speakers wire. Just gonna try the HDMI computer screen to see how well this works.) and a RCA to Speakers (x2 in a pack under $8. Extra just in case one of the piece snap.) for sounds. Gonna try this way first.

Got those together around under $21.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Re: Gamecube, PS1 and PS2 HDMI video adapter - I need help finding some good ones. new [Re: Dullaron]
#373433 - 01/26/18 04:48 AM

> I went ahead got a RCA to HDMI for the video only. It one of those small thing that
> uses power in order to use. Also have a switch on it for different screen support. (I
> can use this on a HDTV without the RCA to Speakers wire. Just gonna try the HDMI
> computer screen to see how well this works.) and a RCA to Speakers (x2 in a pack
> under $8. Extra just in case one of the piece snap.) for sounds. Gonna try this way
> first.
>
> Got those together around under $21.

I originally did that, but then I found out about NintenDont so I hacked the vWii on my Wii U, downloaded my Gamecube library, bought a Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter, and now I just play all my Gamecube games on the Wii U which has its own HDMI connection.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Gamecube, PS1 and PS2 HDMI video adapter - I need help finding some good ones. new [Re: Qun Mang]
#373435 - 01/26/18 06:07 AM

> I originally did that, but then I found out about NintenDont so I hacked the vWii on
> my Wii U, downloaded my Gamecube library, bought a Mayflash Gamecube controller
> adapter, and now I just play all my Gamecube games on the Wii U which has its own
> HDMI connection.

Nice. I wish I gotten a Wii. But I pass up on the newer systems after the Nintendo DS. I gave away the N64 systems, SNES systems and Nintendo. Half of these systems just quit after gave those out to my family members. They just thrown system to the curve after the system dead. Funny thing is my cousin wife told me someone pick up the system and left the games there on the curve.

I can say this. MAME already got Nintendo, N64 and many others. I have no worry on losing the games.

Dullaron
Send PM

Got the GameCube hook up now. new [Re: Dullaron]
#373489 - 01/28/18 02:58 AM Attachment: IMG_20180127_153738736_HDR.jpg 132 KB (0 downloads)

There is a problem though. I can't put the screen into a 4:3 on ether of my ASUS computer screens. 4:3 is disabled. Force into widescreen. Funny thing is the game doesn't full up the whole screen. There is some black bar areas on the screen.

Oh well. Anyway don't worry about the colors from the snapshots. My phone didn't correct the colors for some reason. The colors are wrong from those.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 709 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 528