MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Phimoses
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/17
Send PM

Skipping the "if you are not legally entitled to play..." screen
#372147 - 12/21/17 10:18 PM Attachment: legally.jpg 183 KB (0 downloads)

I just got MAMEUI64 0.149 and I want to test lots of ROMs, but those garbage screens that ask me to type "OK" always pop up on the first run.

Is there any way to make skip them automatically?

P.S. I wanted to post this in the MAMEUI section, but it looks really slow. Please don't get your panties in a twist.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Skipping the "if you are not legally entitled to play..." screen new [Re: Phimoses]
#372148 - 12/22/17 12:06 AM

> I just got MAMEUI64 0.149 and I want to test lots of ROMs, but those garbage screens
> that ask me to type "OK" always pop up on the first run.
>
> Is there any way to make skip them automatically?
>
> P.S. I wanted to post this in the MAMEUI section, but it looks really slow. Please
> don't get your panties in a twist.

Later versions of MAME does not have this acceptance screen anymore as well as having a simplification of the traditional "OK" screens where they can be skipped by any single input.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Skipping the "if you are not legally entitled to play..." screen new [Re: Phimoses]
#372149 - 12/22/17 12:10 AM

>

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

#372186 - 12/22/17 05:29 PM

with older versions of mame you could use the tool: "mame-config-o-matic" - that tool can be found at this link:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,128988

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#372217 - 12/23/17 07:58 AM

WOW, you got much nicer responses than I anticipated - and much, much nicer than you deserved.

Your trolling / flame bait post, using and asking for help on an ancient version of MAME, calling a very useful screen "garbage" (and completely failing to understand the reason for the screen), and then ending with "don't get your panties in a twist" smart arserie .... and all of this on your 1st post no less. WOW, I was expecting to see replies telling you to FUCK OFF at the very least - and rightly so, given your attitude.

You got off lightly pal. Must be Christmas time.

Moose

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Skipping the "if you are not legally entitled to play..." screen new [Re: Moose]
#372225 - 12/23/17 01:02 PM

> WOW, you got much nicer responses than I anticipated - and much, much nicer than you
> deserved.
>
> Your trolling / flame bait post, using and asking for help on an ancient version of
> MAME, calling a very useful screen "garbage" (and completely failing to understand
> the reason for the screen), and then ending with "don't get your panties in a twist"
> smart arserie .... and all of this on your 1st post no less. WOW, I was expecting to
> see replies telling you to FUCK OFF at the very least - and rightly so, given your
> attitude.
>
> You got off lightly pal. Must be Christmas time.

Not that I disagree - but have our attitudes somehow become swapped over the years? Am I in a crappy sequel of Freaky Friday and I just haven't realized it yet?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 542 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1022