MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

floyd68
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/28/17
Send PM

Running console games in MAME?
#370630 - 10/28/17 05:46 PM

I built my cabinet six years ago and moved to a new house and decided to update my front end and emulation.

I run Maximus Arcade for my front end.

* MAME .189 build
* Daphne
* SNES9X
* MD.emu

I have read in countless places that MAME can run Genesis and SNES but for the life of me, I can't find clear instructions on how to get this to work.

I'm sure it is "user failure" when it comes to understanding the process, but I am completely stumped.

If anyone can help me out with clear step-by step instructions, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Joe

Sthiryu
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/09/16
Send PM

Re: Running console games in MAME? new [Re: floyd68]
#370637 - 10/28/17 11:32 PM

In order to run console or computer games in mame, is a easy task if you grab MameUi for example.

1-Just download the console rom (the genesis and megadrive ones are built-in the emulator).
2-Highlight the console, for example megadrive, and in the software area at the right, select the media view tab and mount a rom from megadrive.
3-Launch the megadrive and it's done.

Edited by Sthiryu (10/28/17 11:32 PM)

RETRODANUART.COM

anikom15
Instigator/Local CRT Guru
Reged: 04/11/16
Send PM

Re: Running console games in MAME? new [Re: floyd68]
#370641 - 10/29/17 06:39 AM

You will need ROM files for each system. These are just like arcade ROMs, have a name, and are loaded just like an arcade game. Individual software titles (e.g. Super Mario World) have their own set of ROMs that are associated with a type of media, e.g. cartridge. You associate the media with the system either after you load it or when MAME starts by passing a command argument.

You can run the SNES driver from MAME and it will prompt you to load a cartridge. You can also load software at anytime by using the in-game menu. Many systems have an OS that loads in which case it won’t prompt for a file to be loaded.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 496 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 819