MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Reirom sends his regards
#369731 - 09/17/17 12:05 AM

In a fairly long story which partly amounts to "MAME devs are dinosaurs who don't use the same communication media modern emulator authors do", a few weeks ago I was telling GBA/DS emulator genius Endrift of the legend of REIROM. The whole EMUALLSYSTEMS story.

Fast-forward to today, Endrift sent me a message about a Twitter user, Reir0m, commenting on something emulation-related. I looked at his Twitter account, it seemed legit, and it dated back to 2009, with regular posts in Brazilian Portugese, so if the account was a hoax, it would be one hell of a hoax.

So, I simply asked him out of the blue, in pt-br: "Are you the Reirom? The 'Emuallsystems' Reirom?"

His response, in pt-br also, was that he was. He asked who I was, I said I'm a MAME dev. He asked if I'm Brazilian, I said no, an American living in Sweden using Google Translate. I also said, in pt-br, that he's a true legend. His response, in English, was "Haaa Nice man emuscene was good".

So, I think we should all drink tonight to Reirom. He's still alive, and he's still commenting on emulation. Here's to a legend.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Reirom sends his regards new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#369735 - 09/17/17 02:44 AM

> In a fairly long story which partly amounts to "MAME devs are dinosaurs who don't use
> the same communication media modern emulator authors do", a few weeks ago I was
> telling GBA/DS emulator genius Endrift of the legend of REIROM. The whole
> EMUALLSYSTEMS story.
>
> Fast-forward to today, Endrift sent me a message about a Twitter user, Reir0m,
> commenting on something emulation-related. I looked at his Twitter account, it seemed
> legit, and it dated back to 2009, with regular posts in Brazilian Portugese, so if
> the account was a hoax, it would be one hell of a hoax.
>
> So, I simply asked him out of the blue, in pt-br: "Are you the Reirom? The
> 'Emuallsystems' Reirom?"
>
> His response, in pt-br also, was that he was. He asked who I was, I said I'm a MAME
> dev. He asked if I'm Brazilian, I said no, an American living in Sweden using Google
> Translate. I also said, in pt-br, that he's a true legend. His response, in English,
> was "Haaa Nice man emuscene was good".
>
> So, I think we should all drink tonight to Reirom. He's still alive, and he's still
> commenting on emulation. Here's to a legend.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#369736 - 09/17/17 05:16 AM

I'll drink to that

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

Re: Reirom regards is BOMB, BOMB new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#369743 - 09/17/17 03:16 PM

> In a fairly long story which partly amounts to "MAME devs are dinosaurs who don't use
> the same communication media modern emulator authors do", a few weeks ago I was
> EMUALLSYSTEMS story.
>
> Fast-forward to today, Endrift sent me a message about a Twitter user, Reir0m,
> commenting on something emulation-related. I looked at his Twitter account, it seemed
> legit, and it dated back to 2009, with regular posts in Brazilian Portugese, so if
>
>
> His response, in pt-br also, was that he was. He asked who I was, I said I'm a MAME
> dev. He asked if I'm Brazilian, I said no, an American living in Sweden using Google
> Translate. I also said, in pt-br, that he's a true legend. His response, in English,
>
> So, I think we should all drink tonight to Reirom. He's still alive, and he's still

Man... There's a name that had been off my radar for years. I remember him turning up on #retrogamers on EFNet way back when.

Here's to a legend, indeed.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#369764 - 09/18/17 12:58 AM

> EMUALLSYSTEMS story.
>
>
>
>

You should have told him that we finally made EMUALLSYSTEMS ;-)

RdW
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/13/05
Send PM

Re: Reirom sends his regards new [Re: Haze]
#369853 - 09/23/17 04:04 PM

> > In a fairly long story which partly amounts to "MAME devs are dinosaurs who don't
> use
> > the same communication media modern emulator authors do", a few weeks ago I was
> > telling GBA/DS emulator genius Endrift of the legend of REIROM. The whole
> > EMUALLSYSTEMS story.
> >
> > Fast-forward to today, Endrift sent me a message about a Twitter user, Reir0m,
> > commenting on something emulation-related. I looked at his Twitter account, it
> seemed
> > legit, and it dated back to 2009, with regular posts in Brazilian Portugese, so if
> > the account was a hoax, it would be one hell of a hoax.
> >
> > So, I simply asked him out of the blue, in pt-br: "Are you the Reirom? The
> > 'Emuallsystems' Reirom?"
> >
> > His response, in pt-br also, was that he was. He asked who I was, I said I'm a MAME
> > dev. He asked if I'm Brazilian, I said no, an American living in Sweden using
> Google
> > Translate. I also said, in pt-br, that he's a true legend. His response, in
> English,
> > was "Haaa Nice man emuscene was good".
> >
> > So, I think we should all drink tonight to Reirom. He's still alive, and he's still
> > commenting on emulation. Here's to a legend.
>
> You should have told him that we finally made EMUALLSYSTEMS ;-)
Well, yes, but, still lame coz
EmuAll can run all systems on a 1 GHz Pentium III processor with 100% frame rate flawlessly... ;-)

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Saude! new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#370072 - 10/03/17 05:36 AM

indeed

http://www.fotolog.com/reirom/mosaic/

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 305 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1525