MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Golden Axe II (Mega Play) (Rev B) - A question on the Mega Play BIOS.
#369445 - 09/05/17 01:10 PM Attachment: 1.png 141 KB (0 downloads)

Version 2 BIOS for the second game cart? Reason is that this game won't boot with the version 2 BIOS. Saying the cart is missing. Works fine with the version 1 BIOS.

Confused here. Hope someone explain me on this.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Golden Axe II (Mega Play) (Rev B) - A question on the Mega Play BIOS. new [Re: Dullaron]
#369446 - 09/05/17 01:19 PM

> Version 2 BIOS for the second game cart? Reason is that this game won't boot with the
> version 2 BIOS. Saying the cart is missing. Works fine with the version 1 BIOS.
>
> Confused here. Hope someone explain me on this.

The megaplay emulation is incomplete

I'm not sure what more needs saying?

Personally I'd demote them all to non-working.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Golden Axe II (Mega Play) (Rev B) - A question on the Mega Play BIOS. new [Re: Haze]
#369447 - 09/05/17 01:22 PM Attachment: 1.png 180 KB (0 downloads)

> > Version 2 BIOS for the second game cart? Reason is that this game won't boot with
> the
> > version 2 BIOS. Saying the cart is missing. Works fine with the version 1 BIOS.
> >
> > Confused here. Hope someone explain me on this.
>
> The megaplay emulation is incomplete
>
> I'm not sure what more needs saying?
>
> Personally I'd demote them all to non-working.

Shows working. Thinks for clearing this up. That explain it. lol

I would mark the version 2 not working. If there away make it red from the BIOS list.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

Re: Golden Axe II (Mega Play) (Rev B) - A question on the Mega Play BIOS. new [Re: Dullaron]
#369448 - 09/05/17 01:33 PM

> > > Version 2 BIOS for the second game cart? Reason is that this game won't boot with
> > the
> > > version 2 BIOS. Saying the cart is missing. Works fine with the version 1 BIOS.
> > >
> > > Confused here. Hope someone explain me on this.
> >
> > The megaplay emulation is incomplete
> >
> > I'm not sure what more needs saying?
> >
> > Personally I'd demote them all to non-working.
>
> Shows working. Thinks for clearing this up. That explain it. lol
>
> I would mark the version 2 not working. If there away make it red from the BIOS list.

none of them work properly anyway, most of the time it misses the 'start' button press so still shows 'press 1p or 2p start' during the game and hangs on the continue screen.

the bios should probably read all the inputs and pass them to the 68k side instead of them hooking up like pads, or at the very least be reading the start buttons and passing them because the test mode reads them from completely different addresses.

too much is unknown with the hardware setup to have it marked as working.

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Golden Axe II (Mega Play) (Rev B) - A question on the Mega Play BIOS. new [Re: Haze]
#369470 - 09/06/17 09:19 AM

> > > > Version 2 BIOS for the second game cart? Reason is that this game won't boot
> with
> > > the
> > > > version 2 BIOS. Saying the cart is missing. Works fine with the version 1 BIOS.
> > > >
> > > > Confused here. Hope someone explain me on this.
> > >
> > > The megaplay emulation is incomplete
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what more needs saying?
> > >
> > > Personally I'd demote them all to non-working.
> >
> > Shows working. Thinks for clearing this up. That explain it. lol
> >
> > I would mark the version 2 not working. If there away make it red from the BIOS
> list.
>
> none of them work properly anyway, most of the time it misses the 'start' button
> press so still shows 'press 1p or 2p start' during the game and hangs on the continue
> screen.
>
> the bios should probably read all the inputs and pass them to the 68k side instead of
> them hooking up like pads, or at the very least be reading the start buttons and
> passing them because the test mode reads them from completely different addresses.
>
> too much is unknown with the hardware setup to have it marked as working.

I see.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 195 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1074