MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

Pandora's Box 4S cabinet
#368990 - 08/24/17 04:02 PM

Spotted a strange xxx-in-1 bootleg arcade cabinet today. It was set up to take actual money and had hundreds of games on it (including what looked like Neo Geo games) and looked like someone took a regular upright arcade cabinet, chopped most of the base off and then hit it with a shrink ray. Said "Pandora's Box 4S" at the top of the screen.

Anyone know what hardware is in this thing? PC of some sort? Special purpose ARM board running a hacked up ancient version of MAME on it like the various other xxx-in-1 games? Something else again? (Google isn't showing up any useful information on this thing, just a few crappy screenshots and some links to dodgy looking sites offering to sell me the thing)

Its a pitty the rights holders who own the rights to the games on these things dont care enough to pursue the people deriving a profit from the cabinets (people who profit from things that violate someone else's copyright disgust me)

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: Pandora's Box 4S cabinet new [Re: jonwil]
#368991 - 08/24/17 05:07 PM

If You type "Pandora's Box 4S" in Google's search box You will get about 585,000 results.
Just sayin'.

JonBoyRetro
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/25/11
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Pandora's Box 4S cabinet new [Re: CTOJAH]
#369034 - 08/25/17 02:03 PM

I believe it's ARM-based running a version of Final Burn Alpha.

http://bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Pandora%27s_Box

I was going to build a standalone machine based on one of these boxes but there are too many issues - screen tearing lack of sync, audio dodgy etc. In the end, I got one of the new Mini PC's with a few peripherals and this works incredibly well even running DoDonPachi at 60fps (although you can forget Prop Cycle).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XH2CJDL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

God, I miss those dark, musty arcades ....

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 513 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1296