MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Kevin at IT
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/16/17
Send PM

Golden Tee Fore MAME recording
#368786 - 08/16/17 09:16 PM

I am trying to record gameplay of Golden Tee Fore! 2002 and Golden Tee Fore! Complete.

I have tried MAME UI 64 and MAME UI FX and whenever I record an AVI using the file menu, the videos that are recorded are zoomed in recordings of the top left corner.

I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried using CamStudio, but it doesn't record the MAME gameplay, it just records whatever window is behind it.

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: Golden Tee Fore MAME recording new [Re: Kevin at IT]
#368795 - 08/17/17 01:10 AM

I had the same issue. I was using some MAMEUI and I switched the resolution from auto to something else and it fixed the problem. Play around with that. I will note that the quality wasn't as good as the other recordings. Here is what my footage looked it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3A7-3BbzNs&t=735s

You'll notice that the Fore! footage isn't as sharp. I would run some tests with different resolutions first.

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Golden Tee Fore MAME recording new [Re: Kevin at IT]
#368818 - 08/17/17 04:57 PM

> I am trying to record gameplay of Golden Tee Fore! 2002 and Golden Tee Fore!
> Complete.
>
> I have tried MAME UI 64 and MAME UI FX and whenever I record an AVI using the file
> menu, the videos that are recorded are zoomed in recordings of the top left corner.
>
> I'm not sure how to fix this. I tried using CamStudio, but it doesn't record the MAME
> gameplay, it just records whatever window is behind it.

AVI recording doesn't deal well with games that switch resolutions on the fly (the AVI container format itself can't handle it). You can fix it with -snapsize 640x480 (or some other reasonable fixed size).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 846