MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye
#368544 - 08/04/17 02:18 AM

Every time I watch a fucking youtube video in a browser that isn't their beloved Chrome which can't even play netflix at full res or play some HD youtube videos without a fucking plugin, it gives me a nag about watching in Chrome instead. No matter how many times I say no it keeps asking me over and over. Fuck you Google I want to massacre you.

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: Smitdogg]
#368545 - 08/04/17 03:01 AM

=

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: Robbbert]
#368546 - 08/04/17 03:04 AM

But it's so slow it's like an episode of Battlestar Galactica.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: Smitdogg]
#368549 - 08/04/17 04:59 AM

> But it's so slow it's like an episode of Battlestar Galactica.

Deebee deebee deebee, what's up Buck?

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#368552 - 08/04/17 06:22 AM

> But it's so slow it's like an episode of Battlestar Galactica.

Playing HD YouTube in a single tab in Firefox is slow? How old is your computer? My 2013 laptop has NO trouble.

- Stiletto

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: Stiletto]
#368553 - 08/04/17 06:26 AM

No I was saying Firefox in general is slow, so slow that I gave it up a couple of years back for Chrome, which now has me fragmented over different browsers to get what should be easy tasks done. If they've since gotten fast again then good, but when I gave up Firefox it was a molasses piece of shit on an almost brand new computer with flash based C drive, so...

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#368554 - 08/04/17 07:10 AM

> No I was saying Firefox in general is slow

I use Firefox exclusively on my home computer and I use both Chrome and Firefox on my work computer. Chrome for browsing and Firefox mostly for web development. Firefox doesn't seem appreciably slower than Chrome as far as I can tell.

It might be different on an Android phone. I use Firefox with UblockOrigin and PrivacyBadger on my phone (to lower my data usage) and it feels slower than Chrome, but I think that's probably because Chrome on my phone doesn't have any plugins.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: krick]
#368555 - 08/04/17 07:40 AM

>

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#368564 - 08/04/17 06:27 PM

> No I was saying Firefox in general is slow, so slow that I gave it up a couple of
> years back for Chrome, which now has me fragmented over different browsers to get
> what should be easy tasks done. If they've since gotten fast again then good, but
> when I gave up Firefox it was a molasses piece of shit on an almost brand new
> computer with flash based C drive, so...

Well, this happened, at least. Your mileage may vary, of course:
https://metafluff.com/2017/07/21/i-am-a-tab-hoarder/

- Stiletto

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: Stiletto]
#368565 - 08/04/17 06:39 PM

> Well, this happened, at least. Your mileage may vary, of course:
> https://metafluff.com/2017/07/21/i-am-a-tab-hoarder/

That's a contrived scenario and it doesn't measure real-world performance of that kind of tab count. When Firefox starts with a profile with open tabs (e.g. restoring previous session), it doesn't actually load them until they're activated. So the time to load his profile with lots of tabs just tests how well Firefox can optimise for a tab that hasn't been loaded. If you go and click on a whole lot of those tabs so they actually have to load, then we'll see something meaningful.

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I want to hold Google executives' mouths open and shit down their throats and then punch them in the eye new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#368596 - 08/06/17 05:52 AM

> > Well, this happened, at least. Your mileage may vary, of course:
> > https://metafluff.com/2017/07/21/i-am-a-tab-hoarder/
>
> That's a contrived scenario and it doesn't measure real-world performance of that
> kind of tab count. When Firefox starts with a profile with open tabs (e.g. restoring
> previous session), it doesn't actually load them until they're activated. So the time
> to load his profile with lots of tabs just tests how well Firefox can optimise for a
> tab that hasn't been loaded. If you go and click on a whole lot of those tabs so they
> actually have to load, then we'll see something meaningful.

True, but I did experience the same issue he had, and saw the same thing occur when they optimized for that situation.

- Stiletto

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#368622 - 08/07/17 09:43 PM

You could always ask Trump to buy them out, Google couldn't really get any worse.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 339 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1415