MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

wrybread
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/09/11
Send PM

Male adaptor for jamma wiring harness (for connecting to iPac)?
#367998 - 07/19/17 09:58 AM

I'm working on converting a cocktail cabinet and trying to keep the stock "iCade" system in tact. So instead of re-wiring everything, I'd like to just get an adaptor for the wiring harness, which I'll connect to my keyboard encoder.

The system has approximately this board:

https://www.amazon.com/BLEE-Classical-Arcade-Video-Output/dp/B01IVMXZAK

Is there some adaptor that I could plug into the wiring harness that connects to that so I can easily splice the joystick and button wires into my keyboard encoder?

Thanks for any help.

wrybread
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Male adaptor for jamma wiring harness (for connecting to iPac)? new [Re: wrybread]
#367999 - 07/19/17 09:59 AM

Aha, to answer my own question, I found this board:

https://www.focusattack.com/pb-jamma-project-adapter-board/

that looks right I think. Please let me know if you think not though.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Male adaptor for jamma wiring harness (for connecting to iPac)? new [Re: wrybread]
#368001 - 07/19/17 01:50 PM

Does your cabinet have an existing JAMMA harness (plugs into the iboard)?

Then what you need is a JPAC encoder instead of an IPAC...

http://www.ultimarc.com/jpac.html

Then, you can swap between the original board and your encoder without re-wiring anything.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

wrybread
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Male adaptor for jamma wiring harness (for connecting to iPac)? new [Re: krick]
#368017 - 07/19/17 07:04 PM

I saw that, but I already have an iPac, left over from a previous install. So I was just going to use it to save $50. It should work right? I know it's a bit of extra wiring.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#368019 - 07/19/17 07:25 PM

Yep. It should work.

The JPAC is a little nicer since it includes protection against out-of-range video signals as well as a video amplifier circuit, but I understand the desire to save money.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

wrybread
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Male adaptor for jamma wiring harness (for connecting to iPac)? new [Re: krick]
#368033 - 07/20/17 12:36 AM

Great thanks hugely for the tips.

The machine I'm converting already has a computer monitor with VGA input so I think I can safely skip the video features of the JPac and just connect the computer directly to the monitor. But I admit, it sure would be nice to be able to skip all the soldering and button detection that I'll have to go through with my method! But oh well, nice to get rid of the old equipment I have lying around.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1381