MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU: Busy Monday (updated 2X)
#367690 - 07/10/17 05:58 PM Attachment: crossfire.JPG 1032 KB (1 downloads)

Shoutime dumped NEED FOR SPEED GT. Kevin Eshbach dumped pals from Victory Road. Rafael Alonso, Recreativas.org sent us a dump of an ITISA version of Hyper Olympic. Arcade Hacker dumped a poker game called Poko and he dumped the roms and battery ram for Los Justicieros by Picmatic (aka Zorton Brothers). There is currently no way to dump its laser disc for mame as mame is in laser disc limbo. Lastly, it looks like Arcade Vintage, Recreativas.org sent us a dump of a Model Racing pcb from the 1970s which may be for a game called Cross Fire.

Update: Arcade Hacker dumped a clone of Tazzmania by Rodmar Elec. and a new clone of Pacgal.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

Re: DU: Busy Monday (updated 2X) new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367694 - 07/10/17 08:01 PM

Would it be Taito's Cross Fire made in 1977?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Busy Monday (updated 2X) new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#367695 - 07/10/17 08:09 PM

Could be, a bootleg of it

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#367704 - 07/11/17 02:34 AM

> Shoutime dumped NEED FOR SPEED GT. Kevin Eshbach dumped pals from Victory Road.
> Rafael Alonso, Recreativas.org sent us a dump of an ITISA version of Hyper Olympic.
> Arcade Hacker dumped a poker game called Poko and he dumped the roms and battery ram
> for Los Justicieros by Picmatic (aka Zorton Brothers). There is currently no way to
> dump its laser disc for mame as mame is in laser disc limbo. Lastly, it looks like
> Arcade Vintage, Recreativas.org sent us a dump of a Model Racing pcb from the 1970s
> which may be for a game called Cross Fire.
>
> Update: Arcade Hacker dumped a clone of Tazzmania by Rodmar Elec. and a new clone of
> Pacgal.

What does ITISA stand for?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Busy Monday (updated 2X) new [Re: Master O]
#367705 - 07/11/17 02:39 AM

> > Shoutime dumped NEED FOR SPEED GT. Kevin Eshbach dumped pals from Victory Road.
> > Rafael Alonso, Recreativas.org sent us a dump of an ITISA version of Hyper Olympic.
> > Arcade Hacker dumped a poker game called Poko and he dumped the roms and battery
> ram
> > for Los Justicieros by Picmatic (aka Zorton Brothers). There is currently no way to
> > dump its laser disc for mame as mame is in laser disc limbo. Lastly, it looks like
> > Arcade Vintage, Recreativas.org sent us a dump of a Model Racing pcb from the 1970s
> > which may be for a game called Cross Fire.
> >
> > Update: Arcade Hacker dumped a clone of Tazzmania by Rodmar Elec. and a new clone
> of
> > Pacgal.
>
> What does ITISA stand for?

Inside The Italian Shithouse Again

I don't know. I couldn't tell you want 99% of game companies' letters stand for.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#367706 - 07/11/17 03:04 AM

> > What does ITISA stand for?
>
> Inside The Italian Shithouse Again
>
> I don't know. I couldn't tell you want 99% of game companies' letters stand for.

Spanish, actually, not Italian.

ITISA Electronics - International Technology Industries, S.A.

http://www.recreativas.org/empresas/itisa%20electronics-319/

- Stiletto

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

#367711 - 07/11/17 05:04 AM

> >
> > What does ITISA stand for?
>
> Inside The Italian Shithouse Again
>

If I ever form my own business in something, I am naming it that. [/joking]

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

gamerfan
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/01/10
Send PM

#367715 - 07/11/17 08:24 AM

> Arcade Hacker dumped a poker game called Poko and he dumped the roms and battery ram
> for Los Justicieros by Picmatic (aka Zorton Brothers). There is currently no way to
> dump its laser disc for mame as mame is in laser disc limbo.

This game is also available for the PC which is the only way to play it for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqa_iInhj_0

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Laser disc limbo new [Re: Smitdogg]
#367726 - 07/11/17 03:37 PM

> There is currently no way to
> dump its laser disc for mame as mame is in laser disc limbo.

I detect no small bit of snark coming from Smit here, so I think now would be a good time for me to post my manifesto on Laserdisc dumping that I wrote last night.

Here's a link to it, I would strongly suggest reading the whole thing rather than just TL;DR'ing out after a paragraph and a half. It's informative and explains a lot of the current issues associated with Laserdisc dumping: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Moogl...7/gistfile1.txt

The long and short of it is that the current methods for dumping Laserdiscs are hacky and inefficient. People have shown their abilities in the form of being able to dump even the most brutally-protected MCUs, so what I want is to get people excited for the possibility that it should be possible to dump Laserdiscs in a similarly "ultimate accuracy" context. There are capable people associated with MAME, I would encourage them to stand up and make themselves known.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

#367728 - 07/11/17 04:19 PM

> Could be, a bootleg of it

Interesting discovery!! According to the link below, it really seems to be a Cross Fire clone made by Model Racing according to these pictures:

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=6558.0

Maybe this PCB is from a Model Racing game called "Guerrilla". Do you know if the dump is complete, with the graphics ROMS included?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#367736 - 07/11/17 07:07 PM

It's a match for Bazooka Taito Brazil... It seems in the 70s they didn't make title screens and all the game companies ripped each other off and retitled games with cabinet art. I assume the dump is complete, haven't looked into it.

Haze
Reged: 09/23/03
Send PM

#367739 - 07/11/17 07:15 PM

> It's a match for Bazooka Taito Brazil... It seems in the 70s they didn't make title
> screens and all the game companies ripped each other off and retitled games with
> cabinet art. I assume the dump is complete, haven't looked into it.

the even happened in the 80s

a lot of the Galaxian bootlegs etc. didn't bother to change the title screen but came in very specific mass-produced bootleg cabinets. Often the same set of bootleg roms was used by different manufacturers for different cabinets without even a single byte of game code changed.

Rygar9
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/08/08
Send PM

Re: Laser disc limbo new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#367749 - 07/12/17 01:01 AM

> > There is currently no way to
> > dump its laser disc for mame as mame is in laser disc limbo.
>
> I detect no small bit of snark coming from Smit here, so I think now would be a good
> time for me to post my manifesto on Laserdisc dumping that I wrote last night.
>
> Here's a link to it, I would strongly suggest reading the whole thing rather than
> just TL;DR'ing out after a paragraph and a half. It's informative and explains a lot
> of the current issues associated with Laserdisc dumping:
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Moogl...7/gistfile1.txt
>
> The long and short of it is that the current methods for dumping Laserdiscs are hacky
> and inefficient. People have shown their abilities in the form of being able to dump
> even the most brutally-protected MCUs, so what I want is to get people excited for
> the possibility that it should be possible to dump Laserdiscs in a similarly
> "ultimate accuracy" context. There are capable people associated with MAME, I would
> encourage them to stand up and make themselves known.

I can't help with the coding/hardware aspect of this, but if this moves forward I can and will donate to acquiring the hardware!

uman
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/15/12
Send PM

Re: Laser disc limbo new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#367766 - 07/12/17 11:16 AM

I liked your manifesto, but i have still questions. I am sure that i can help with proper hardware for capturing the stuff and i will talk with SailorSat as i know SailorSat is interested in LaserDisc games (owns Mad Dog which goes often kaputt ).

From the long read of the links in the other Laserdisc thread, i assume i would need different laserdisc-players for different games, is this correct?

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...new=#Post367126

My main problem would be with partially rotten discs or with read errors in general. I have no clue, how to counter-check if the capture is ok and properly working, especially the VBI-data. Long story short, i can only help with the hardware for capturing frames (minus the "logic analyzer") and maybe with some laserdiscplayers.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#367788 - 07/12/17 06:58 PM

>Would it be Taito's Cross Fire made in 1977?

It seems like a flyer or some info of Model Racing involved in this game would already exist or known by now. It's too bad the owner is probably missing the other pcbs and main motherboard, assuming the hardware setup is similar to Taito's hardware setup or PSE's Bazooka setup.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Laser disc limbo new [Re: uman]
#367789 - 07/12/17 07:03 PM

>and i will talk with SailorSat as i know SailorSat is interested in LaserDisc games (owns
>Mad Dog which goes often kaputt).

Oooh. Now I know who I will have to follow if searching for any possible future Mad Dog updates. :-) It might not be Nintendo WG which was my generation, but I can settle with Mad Dog if it ever gets emulated.

italiandoh
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/12/09
Send PM

#367794 - 07/12/17 08:40 PM

Hi,
can you please compare Los Justicieros dump with the one available on DLP?
Thanks,

Matteo

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU: Busy Monday (updated 2X) new [Re: italiandoh]
#367797 - 07/12/17 10:26 PM

I don't have the dump and even if I did I couldn't do a cross analysis beyond romcmp output.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
2 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2971