View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Visiting Oslo for a while, what's good?
#366508 - 06/02/17 10:58 PM

In order for Sweden to process the residence application for me and my partner, I need to leave the country. Makes sense when viewed through the lens of bureaucracy: The purpose of the application is to bring someone from out of the country into the country, so of course it wouldn't apply if the person is actively in the country already.

The easiest solution is that I'm going to couch-surf for anywhere from 1-3 months with some friends in Oslo. Anyone here who wants to grab a beer while I'm there?

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Visiting Oslo for a while, what's good? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#366520 - 06/03/17 02:53 PM

> In order for Sweden to process the residence application for me and my partner, I
> need to leave the country. Makes sense when viewed through the lens of bureaucracy:
> The purpose of the application is to bring someone from out of the country into the
> country, so of course it wouldn't apply if the person is actively in the country
> already.

No matter how you explain it, it still sounds stupid. Bureaucracy was Mafalda's tortoise.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Visiting Oslo for a while, what's good? new [Re: Pi]
#366523 - 06/03/17 03:58 PM

> No matter how you explain it, it still sounds stupid. Bureaucracy was Mafalda's
> tortoise.

I find it downright weird that I'm the one most affected by this, and yet it's everyone else telling me how bullshit it is and how pissed off they are by it. Personally, I'm just glad I have an answer now and a clear-cut set of shit to do, rather than just having some nebulous worry floating out there all ephemeral-like.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Visiting Oslo for a while, what's good? new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#366525 - 06/03/17 06:13 PM

> I find it downright weird that I'm the one most affected by this, and yet it's everyone else telling me how bullshit it is and how pissed off they are by it.

Because it affects other people who don't have the luxury of being able to party for months on a friend's couch in Oslo while they do it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 107 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1723