View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

asasega
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/08/09
Send PM

mess mame cheat
#365106 - 04/11/17 10:31 AM

I have a playstation game. I made an image in bin cue format, then I made a chd of it
xxx.bin, xxx.cue, xxx.chd
I made a xxx.xml cheat file, but I cannot load the cheat file no matter where I put this file, be it in a cheat.zip, or cheat directory etc, tied with cheatpath option
Do cheats works only with the games on softlist names? It is possible to load cheat files sepparately. My psx game it is not in the softlist

Edit:I added the game info mannually to the psx.xml in the softlist, and now the cheat is loaded.
But I\m still curious if it is possible to load manually without adding the game to softlist

Edited by asasega (04/11/17 12:37 PM)

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: mess mame cheat new [Re: asasega]
#365131 - 04/11/17 10:09 PM

> I have a playstation game. I made an image in bin cue format, then I made a chd of it
> xxx.bin, xxx.cue, xxx.chd
> I made a xxx.xml cheat file, but I cannot load the cheat file no matter where I put
> this file, be it in a cheat.zip, or cheat directory etc, tied with cheatpath option
> Do cheats works only with the games on softlist names? It is possible to load cheat
> files sepparately. My psx game it is not in the softlist
>
> Edit:I added the game info mannually to the psx.xml in the softlist, and now the
> cheat is loaded.
> But I\m still curious if it is possible to load manually without adding the game to
> softlist

There was a mechanism at one point which you were able to use the CRC32 hash of an image (eg: 4faa2b93.xml) to identify it for cheats, but I'm unsure if this is still supported since softlists exist.

Pugsy
Cheat Collection Maintainer
Reged: 05/06/04
Send PM

Re: mess mame cheat new [Re: Tafoid]
#365206 - 04/15/17 11:08 AM

> There was a mechanism at one point which you were able to use the CRC32 hash of an
> image (eg: 4faa2b93.xml) to identify it for cheats, but I'm unsure if this is still
> supported since softlists exist.

The mechanism is still in there but I don't know if it'll works with chds

Basically if you put them like so:-
mame\cheat\sytemname\crc32.xml
eg
mame\cheat\pse\deadbeef.xml

But if that doesn't work just put the cheats in the main system xml, eg:

mame\cheat\pse.xml
obviously there will be no unique loading for individual games and it will load those cheats for any non-softwarelist loaded game for the pse system.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 355 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1373