MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Gruntzilla94
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/16/16
Send PM

I got Primal Rage 2 to launch
#363442 - 02/12/17 09:21 AM Attachment: Source Changes to get Primal Rage 2 Working - Gruntzilla94.zip 48 KB (70 downloads)

I would just like to let you all know that I got Primal Rage 2 to load by itself. I will be uploading the source changes as an attachment. I hope this can help get the game emulated in the latest version of MAME. I worked with the source from MAME 0.168 so be sure to use that version with these files. The other changes that I made was a name change version change and a change of icon since I made a version that I put on my site, if you want I can upload those as well. Anyways I will be uploading my source changes to my site as well but I wanted to let you all see my changes here first. Again, I hope this will help wit the games emulation. Also sorry about my code I know its all over the place but I can guarantee that it does work. Also the game itself is not 100% even with my code but I am sure that the MAME Development team will know how to fix the emulation a lot better than me by myself.

kevenz
Reged: 04/25/11
Send PM

Re: I got Primal Rage 2 to launch new [Re: Gruntzilla94]
#363495 - 02/13/17 05:04 PM

I tried your version and it's amazing to be finally able to play Primal Rage 2 !

hope this will get added to the main mame

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#363500 - 02/13/17 06:20 PM

> I would just like to let you all know that I got Primal Rage 2 to load by itself. I
> will be uploading the source changes as an attachment. I hope this can help get the
> game emulated in the latest version of MAME. I worked with the source from MAME 0.168
> so be sure to use that version with these files. The other changes that I made was a
> name change version change and a change of icon since I made a version that I put on
> my site, if you want I can upload those as well. Anyways I will be uploading my
> source changes to my site as well but I wanted to let you all see my changes here
> first. Again, I hope this will help wit the games emulation. Also sorry about my code
> I know its all over the place but I can guarantee that it does work. Also the game
> itself is not 100% even with my code but I am sure that the MAME Development team
> will know how to fix the emulation a lot better than me by myself.

One of the developers of the driver points out that this is a somewhat old hack, which kludges the IDE timing and IRQ controller. Doing it correctly would be quite a bit more involved, and it's on said dev's backlog.

Gruntzilla94
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/16/16
Send PM

Re: I got Primal Rage 2 to launch new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#363501 - 02/13/17 06:33 PM

> > I would just like to let you all know that I got Primal Rage 2 to load by itself. I
> > will be uploading the source changes as an attachment. I hope this can help get the
> > game emulated in the latest version of MAME. I worked with the source from MAME
> 0.168
> > so be sure to use that version with these files. The other changes that I made was
> a
> > name change version change and a change of icon since I made a version that I put
> on
> > my site, if you want I can upload those as well. Anyways I will be uploading my
> > source changes to my site as well but I wanted to let you all see my changes here
> > first. Again, I hope this will help wit the games emulation. Also sorry about my
> code
> > I know its all over the place but I can guarantee that it does work. Also the game
> > itself is not 100% even with my code but I am sure that the MAME Development team
> > will know how to fix the emulation a lot better than me by myself.
>
> One of the developers of the driver points out that this is a somewhat old hack,
> which kludges the IDE timing and IRQ controller. Doing it correctly would be quite a
> bit more involved, and it's on said dev's backlog.

Ok thank you for letting me know, I didn't see anything that the game was actually being worked on and I was trying to help out with the emulation of the game. It's good to hear that it is being worked on. Anyways is it possible to keep up the emulator that I made that uses the source I posted? Because if it isn't then I will gladly remove it. I am asking since you are a MAME Developer and I want to see if it is indeed OK to keep up.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#363579 - 02/16/17 09:21 AM

Looking forward to when this can be done correctly on the latest version of MAME

https://youtu.be/SoadscC_ySM

SylentEcho
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/06/08
Send PM

#372440 - 12/28/17 07:42 PM

I see a lot of people playing as Sauron. How do I do that? He's not on the character select screen.

P.S: Thanks so much for making this game playable.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 495 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5159