MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Advertising has gotten to scary
#362566 - 01/15/17 03:54 AM

I'm about to the point where I'd like to bash the brains out of the people spying on me. I write the word Texas in a post here and minutes later get ads in a Hulu show for visiting Texas. I talk about dogs here at this house I'm at and get ads for dog food on CBS like my phone has been listening to my conversations. I watch an Adam Sandler DVD and then immediately get an ad for another Sandler movie on Netflix next time I visit. It's not targeted ads, it's I want to kill whoever is doing this. These are just a few examples. The day after I searched on my phone for house paints I saw ads for paint on the tv, and the accounts, even the names aren't related. It was my brother's tv account and my phone account which was setup in a different state. I think somewhere 900 pages deep in an Apple iPhone "I agree" contract I unwillingly "agreed" to this and if I could get away with it I'd rather stab them to death than to keep getting spied on.

Rape Apple execs

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Advertising has gotten to scary new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362573 - 01/15/17 05:10 AM

> I'm about to the point where I'd like to bash the brains out of the people spying on
> me. I write the word Texas in a post here and minutes later get ads in a Hulu show
> for visiting Texas. I talk about dogs here at this house I'm at and get ads for dog
> food on CBS like my phone has been listening to my conversations. I watch an Adam
> Sandler DVD and then immediately get an ad for another Sandler movie on Netflix next
> time I visit. It's not targeted ads, it's I want to kill whoever is doing this. These
> are just a few examples. The day after I searched on my phone for house paints I saw
> ads for paint on the tv, and the accounts, even the names aren't related. It was my
> brother's tv account and my phone account which was setup in a different state. I
> think somewhere 900 pages deep in an Apple iPhone "I agree" contract I unwillingly
> "agreed" to this and if I could get away with it I'd rather stab them to death than
> to keep getting spied on.
>
> Rape Apple execs

That reminds me of a scene in Futurama where you start getting advertising in your dreams. God Help Us if that ever happens...

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Advertising has gotten to scary new [Re: Master O]
#362574 - 01/15/17 05:24 AM

God help us already. This stuff is not a figment of my imagination. I was at a friend's place a few months ago and installed Spodify on his phone for the first time and brought up a search and it defaulted to the stuff I had played on *my* phone at work over the past few weeks, stuff he'd never listen to. It read that my phone was in the room, our accounts had nothing to do with each other. Some stuff I've seen in ads I haven't bought or searched for, only talked about. My phone had to have just "listened". Seriously the people in charge of this stuff need to be raped in their assholes - with a knife.

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#362576 - 01/15/17 06:22 AM

Are you using Privacy Badger in all your browsers? I really helps a lot with tracking.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#362578 - 01/15/17 06:37 AM

> I'm about to the point where I'd like to bash the brains out of the people spying on
> me. I write the word Texas in a post here and minutes later get ads in a Hulu show
> for visiting Texas. I talk about dogs here at this house I'm at and get ads for dog
> food on CBS like my phone has been listening to my conversations. I watch an Adam
> Sandler DVD and then immediately get an ad for another Sandler movie on Netflix next
> time I visit. It's not targeted ads, it's I want to kill whoever is doing this. These
> are just a few examples. The day after I searched on my phone for house paints I saw
> ads for paint on the tv, and the accounts, even the names aren't related. It was my
> brother's tv account and my phone account which was setup in a different state. I
> think somewhere 900 pages deep in an Apple iPhone "I agree" contract I unwillingly
> "agreed" to this and if I could get away with it I'd rather stab them to death than
>
> Rape Apple execs

Why in Orc's name are you even watching an Adam Sandler movie?

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

These are the reasons I have things like gps turned off..... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362586 - 01/15/17 07:54 AM

I don't do any of the stuff you mentioned, though of course there's nothing they have I want, and only one of my machines can access my phone. My phone can't access any of my machines. And so on.....

I have been thinking about this kind of thing, lately. Your phone is a tracking and spying device. It only needs to be accessed. Most people keep theirs within ear/eyeshot 24/7.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

& this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Traso]
#362589 - 01/15/17 12:24 PM

I don't even need, or use a phone (habitually) anyway.

LEVEL-4

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: & this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#362590 - 01/15/17 01:11 PM

-

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Advertising has gotten to scary new [Re: Foxhack]
#362592 - 01/15/17 03:13 PM

To me, Sandler movies are "feel good" movies, where as to me what are generally considered to be "feel good" movies are "really gay" movies.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Advertising has gotten to scary new [Re: krick]
#362593 - 01/15/17 03:15 PM

Never heard of it but that's not a solution if it only helps .01% of people. The real solution is to stab all the execs making the decisions that make computers work this way in the neck and then train style gang rape their wives up the asshole without lube.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: & this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Robbbert]
#362595 - 01/15/17 03:21 PM

The phone (calls) is the last reason I ever use my iphone. It's a portable internet, games, gps, camera, text, movies, tv foremost. Any time I sit on a toilet, wait in a line, sit in a car ride, ride on a plane, want to watch tv before bed on vacation etc. it beats the shit out of staring at a wall and more importantly it got billions of people addicted to it before it became obvious that it's spying on us in creepy ways.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: & this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362608 - 01/15/17 08:26 PM

This wonderful piece of tech has become the #1 best thing ever created(for Smittys reasons above) & at the same time the absolute worst fucking thing ever made to undermine & control how we live our lives...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

jonwil
Lurker
Reged: 10/06/03
Send PM

This is why I run adblock new [Re: Traso]
#362613 - 01/15/17 10:52 PM

I run adblock (with everything turned off) on my PC to block all the ads in my browser. I use a fairly old Nokia (its still a smartphone but things like GPS and the microphone are off unless I specifically turn them on plus its running software so ancient all the modern marketing stuff just wont run on the thing)

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: & this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#362616 - 01/16/17 12:06 AM

> This wonderful piece of tech has become the #1 best thing ever created(for Smittys
> reasons above) & at the same time the absolute worst fucking thing ever made to
> undermine & control how we live our lives...

Also, I'm posting this while on the toilet. I haven't decided about nut flushing yet.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: & this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362620 - 01/16/17 06:43 AM

-

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: & this is why I refuse to get a "smart phone".... new [Re: Robbbert]
#362622 - 01/16/17 07:24 AM

It's only obvious to me, certainly not the average moron who writes the dot connecting off as coincidence. You're missing all points. The only reason it's obvious to me is it's busting them in their money grabbing. That's not by design. I'm not lucky by any goddamn stretch of the imagination and the people doing it need to be slaughtered in their sleep. I feel (and fear) you are making a pointless point.

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

I was in Sam's club once.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362623 - 01/16/17 08:14 AM

and as I was walking around, I mentioned to my wife that we needed a new router. Guess what I started getting spam for? I hadn't used my phone to search for a router and I wasn't screaming my personal info repeatedly, as I usually do, so how'd they know? Either that bitch Siri is on the take, or there is some facial recognition going on.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

"Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon" or "frequency illusion" *nt* new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362624 - 01/16/17 12:29 PM

>
> Rape Apple execs

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#362637 - 01/17/17 05:18 AM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/...-tablet-and-pc/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/business/attention-shopper-stores-are-tracking-your-cell.html

The second one I had happen to me in a store. They somehow got it attached to my email from my phone. Had spam emails by the time I walked out of the store.

They *are* tracking you. Amazon+Facebook = adverts of stuff you looked at on amazon that is a simple one.

You are either the product or the one being sold to. Which is it? It is tough to tell these days.

Wonder if there an app to listen for this junk

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

Re: Advertising has gotten to scary new [Re: lharms]
#362660 - 01/18/17 02:40 AM

> http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/...-tablet-and-pc/
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/15/business/attention-shopper-stores-are-tracking-your-cell.html
>
> The second one I had happen to me in a store. They somehow got it attached to my
> email from my phone. Had spam emails by the time I walked out of the store.
>
> They *are* tracking you. Amazon+Facebook = adverts of stuff you looked at on amazon
> that is a simple one.
>
> You are either the product or the one being sold to. Which is it? It is tough to tell
> these days.
>
> Wonder if there an app to listen for this junk

Yep, had that happen twice in Wal-Mart the other night. Walked down an isle and before I got to the end I had spam on items in that isle.

5 isles later happened again. Turned off my phone. But someone is tracking your phone's and they are able to interact with them without us knowing it. Not cool.

Only here to annoy...

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Oh? Like? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362668 - 01/18/17 04:36 AM

> ...where as to me what are generally considered to be "feel good" movies are "really gay" movies.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

No worky for anything below Edge it seems..... Anyways.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#362669 - 01/18/17 04:41 AM

> Never heard of it but that's not a solution if it only helps .01% of people. The real solution is to stab all the execs making the decisions that make computers work this way in the neck and then train style gang rape their wives up the asshole without lube.

Well that's mighty.....um....italian of ya. Yeah.

More and more, the evidence of the failure of Capitalism.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

It's all the socmed you belong to....... new [Re: Renegade]
#362670 - 01/18/17 04:44 AM

Which usually leads to google+ accounts and the like. Plus you know they're polling Google, etc. Ya all walked right into this. ((Egads, the coincidental puns today. Re-go!)

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Guess what? Your hand have all those cooties from others you shook hands with.... new [Re: Gor]
#362671 - 01/18/17 04:48 AM

and everything you touched on the way to the jon. And now you're touching and grubbing it and your bits. Now you say, 'well I'm supposed to wash when I'm done'. My bits are cleaner than the world, so before and after. But still, you washed your hands after, but not your phone. Aum.......

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1956