MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

GPD XD And Retroarch's MAME core - anyone using it?
#361279 - 12/15/16 09:01 PM

I've got my GPD XD a couple of weeks ago and I'm using the latest MAME core (0.174). But for some reason, it's not saving my key mappings and screen aspect ratio after exiting a game.

Is there any way to make it to save my game settings on exit? In which folder the .cfg and .ini files should be stored by Retroarch in GPD XD?

YYDeckard
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/15/16
Send PM

Re: GPD XD And Retroarch's MAME core - anyone using it? new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#361295 - 12/16/16 01:15 PM

Hi ya bud I use it to play Robotron on and it seems to save ok but I am no tech wizard, probably the guys at their forum can help -

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/?PHPSESSID=7t5brg29fm7b2pintg6v5vplv7

Its a great little device isn't it for some portable Retro action. I was playing Robotron on the train the other day with my headphones on thinking to myself about the huge arcade machine I used to play it on back in the early 80s in Bath.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: GPD XD And Retroarch's MAME core - anyone using it? new [Re: YYDeckard]
#361296 - 12/16/16 02:23 PM

> Hi ya bud I use it to play Robotron on and it seems to save ok but I am no tech
> wizard, probably the guys at their forum can help -
>
> http://boards.dingoonity.org/gpd-android-devices/?PHPSESSID=7t5brg29fm7b2pintg6v5vplv7
>
>
> Its a great little device isn't it for some portable Retro action. I was playing
> Robotron on the train the other day with my headphones on thinking to myself about
> the huge arcade machine I used to play it on back in the early 80s in Bath.

Thanks! I know the Dingoonity forum, actually I've posted this issue on the Retroarch forum, but it seems that no one there really wants to help. I've posted this issue on the Dingoonity board now and let's see if someone there can help me out.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#361308 - 12/16/16 11:39 PM

> I've got my GPD XD a couple of weeks ago and I'm using the latest MAME core (0.174).
> But for some reason, it's not saving my key mappings and screen aspect ratio after
> exiting a game.

MAMEdev explicitly disclaims any support responsibility for "Retroarch" "cores". Sorry.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: GPD XD And Retroarch's MAME core - anyone using it? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#361500 - 12/20/16 06:29 PM

> > I've got my GPD XD a couple of weeks ago and I'm using the latest MAME core
> (0.174).
> > But for some reason, it's not saving my key mappings and screen aspect ratio after
> > exiting a game.
>
> MAMEdev explicitly disclaims any support responsibility for "Retroarch" "cores".
> Sorry.

No problem RB, I know that. In fact I was hoping to see other GPD XD users replying to this message since Android is not an officially supported platform. And the guys at Libretto/Retroarch forums are not very friendly.

remax
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/12
Send PM

#361511 - 12/21/16 12:26 AM

Retroarch-MAME is incredibly hard to use, at least on the GPD XD...

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: GPD XD And Retroarch's MAME core - anyone using it? new [Re: remax]
#361535 - 12/21/16 01:48 PM

> Retroarch-MAME is incredibly hard to use, at least on the GPD XD...

No, it's not. In fact it's pretty easy. You can access the internal MAME menus with the left R2 and navigate with the d-pad / B button. I don't see the complication...

I can play all my games in there, except for MESS systems/games. I haven't figured out how to make it to recognize my Apple II+ romsets yet.

remax
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/12
Send PM

#361544 - 12/21/16 06:15 PM

> > Retroarch-MAME is incredibly hard to use, at least on the GPD XD...
>
> No, it's not. In fact it's pretty easy. You can access the internal MAME menus with
> the left R2 and navigate with the d-pad / B button. I don't see the complication...

There are many potential places where you have to put your files and finding the good combination for everything to work correctly is not easy.

And i'm a regular mame/mess user since 1996.

I finally manage to have a working Mame 0.78 config with game list working but i spent many hours for that.

>
> I can play all my games in there, except for MESS systems/games. I haven't figured
> out how to make it to recognize my Apple II+ romsets yet.

Mess i now part of Mame, so it strenghten what i said : it's incredibly hard to use.

Edited by remax (12/21/16 06:16 PM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2520