MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

New Trailer Park Boys
#360200 - 11/04/16 12:34 AM Attachment: tpb.jpg 160 KB (0 downloads)

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: New Trailer Park Boys new [Re: Smitdogg]
#360213 - 11/04/16 12:40 PM

It's an original series, not a new season of TPB, sadly.

The reviews seem really polarized. Lots of 1 and 2-star reviews, with a few 4- and 5-star reviews saying "Looks good, but hit or miss".

If it's anything like the last two seasons of TPB, I'll probably pass on it. It seems like when Netflix optioned the series, they lost touch with what made the first 7 seasons great. The fact that the guy who plays J-Roc and other actors fled the project by the last season tells you all you need to know.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: New Trailer Park Boys new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#360217 - 11/05/16 04:56 PM

I don't know, I don't know why you are listening to random morons online and if you're going to make a statement saying it lost what made it great, that burdens you with defining what it lost. I've seen it, it's pretty funny. Is it as good as the best seasons of the original series? Definitely not and no side show will ever be especially without Jim Lahey and crew. Is it better than every "live in x" movie, the straight swearnet stuff where they break character and some other random bits they did? Absolutely. It's the first original/radical "swearnet" idea that works pretty well past the enjoyment of a live crowd in my opinion. It swaps the live crowd for "real life" situations in countries where they have no chance of fitting in. That said if you really didn't enjoy last season you probably won't like this.

I don't know why any fan would hate on it unless they were douche bags just looking to whine about something on social media like prissy bitches, which is half of America. I also don't know why any fan would dislike the previous season with Snoop etc. either. It was great.

I'm not sure what you're saying happened with J-Roc. He has been in and out of the past seasons. He's a side character, not supposed to be in everything. You're saying he cold quit because he didn't like the way the series was heading last season? I highly doubt that. Is there a link to that story?

Anyway I'm still laughing and enjoying myself and very happy that they are still together making shows. Maybe the longest running active comedy troop of our time? I mean where the main cast doesn't ever change. They've been doing it since at least 1999, the 3 guys.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: New Trailer Park Boys new [Re: Smitdogg]
#360234 - 11/06/16 10:10 PM

> I don't know why any fan would hate on it unless they were douche bags just looking
> to whine about something on social media like prissy bitches, which is half of
> America. I also don't know why any fan would dislike the previous season with Snoop
> etc. either. It was great.

It's not that I didn't like it, it's just the Netflix-produced seasons just don't seem, to me, to have the same feel. Maybe it's because they don't have the same grainy, low-budget feel due to being in HD, maybe it's because it's pretty hard to to top the Patrick Swayze Special in terms of dumbass heist plans that somehow sort of end up working, but I could binge-watch the first seven seasons, yet seasons 8 onward just don't keep me glued to my monitor like they used to. I honestly can't say for sure why. But as for Snoop, he was hilarious as he always is in just about everything he does.

> I'm not sure what you're saying happened with J-Roc. He has been in and out of the
> past seasons. He's a side character, not supposed to be in everything. You're saying
> he cold quit because he didn't like the way the series was heading last season? I
> highly doubt that. Is there a link to that story?

Apparently I confused him for Lucy DeCoutere, and apparently I misremembered the actual incident that led to her leaving the show. I was under the mistaken impression that they separated for creative differences, rather than the seemingly minor thing that Lucy left over, and as for the actor who played J-Roc, there actually isn't any information as to why in particular he left the show.

> Anyway I'm still laughing and enjoying myself and very happy that they are still
> together making shows. Maybe the longest running active comedy troop of our time? I
> mean where the main cast doesn't ever change. They've been doing it since at least
> 1999, the 3 guys.

It's still fucking funny, don't get me wrong. It's just different.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1444