View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Decard
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/27/16
Send PM

Neo Geo games do not work with the previous and the last build 1.79
#359986 - 10/27/16 05:36 PM

Neo geo games launched through the GUI do not work, giving error: the selected game is missing one or more required rom or chd images. I have the compatible rom set and bios, It must be an error of the GUI. if they were launched via the command line they work fine.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Neo Geo games do not work with the previous and the last build 1.79 new [Re: Decard]
#359987 - 10/27/16 05:47 PM

> Neo geo games launched through the GUI do not work, giving error: the selected game
> is missing one or more required rom or chd images. I have the compatible rom set and
> bios, It must be an error of the GUI. if they were launched via the command line they
> work fine.

No error explicitly on the Internal UI MAME side as it is simply not finding 100% of what it expects to be there. The command-line has adjustments to allow usage of same-named romset parts so long as the filenames match.

mame -verifyroms neogeo
Likely says something like:
"romset neogeo is bad
1 romsets found, 0 were OK."

mame -listcrc neogeo
Take that output and compare it to your neogeo archive contents. Large chance you'll see that you are missing or have a mismatched crc hash concerning the recent additions(s). Source the missing/non-matching parts and you should all should be well again.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

Re: Neo Geo games do not work with the previous and the last build 1.79 new [Re: Tafoid]
#359990 - 10/27/16 06:28 PM

Tafoid,

I haven't/don't use the new UI, but are you saying that having a different/bad CRC will cause mame to not launch a game from the UI, but it will from the command line?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Neo Geo games do not work with the previous and the last build 1.79 new [Re: lamprey]
#359991 - 10/27/16 06:47 PM

> Tafoid,
>
> I haven't/don't use the new UI, but are you saying that having a different/bad CRC
> will cause mame to not launch a game from the UI, but it will from the command line?

Correct. There's benefits to using command line if you don't have a completed full set.

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5974

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

Re: Neo Geo games do not work with the previous and the last build 1.79 new [Re: B2K24]
#360093 - 10/30/16 07:36 AM

I didn't know that. Very much interesting...

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 498 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1868