CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

Can't run MAME 0.178
#359928 - 10/25/16 10:23 PM

Hi, guys.

After a long time with no MAME using, I got 0.178 and all the ROMS and CHDs and very happy for MEWUI have been merged with the project.

Anyway, with all settings ready, when I start the executable I get only a black screen showing "Initializing" and games don't load... I was considering the size of the pack and waited for HOURS (when I went to bed I left it running hoping by the morning it'd be at that list on the screen at least), but nothing happened... the "initializing" was still there and I couldn't close the window at all, even through Task Manager, so I have to reboot my system... Did that several times and the problem persists...

I'm running it from a external drive but was sure that all the paths were OK, I rechecked them and they look fine to me. Doing some research I thought it was something related to DirectX but my version is up to date. I'm using Win10 x64 and MAME64.

Any ideas?

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Anime-niac
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Loc: Georgia, USA
Send PM

Re: Can't run MAME 0.178 new [Re: CptGuapo]
#359931 - 10/26/16 01:46 AM

Did you install DX9? Unless something has changed its still required, and no, the version of DX that comes with Windows 10 is not backwards compatible to DX9. Use one of the links below to get DX9.

Link for DX9 runtime: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
Link for Web Installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

CptGuapo
Beat'em-ups Lover
Reged: 03/18/08
Loc: Off to Never Never Land
Send PM

Re: Can't run MAME 0.178 new [Re: Anime-niac]
#359934 - 10/26/16 03:17 AM

It worked like a charm, Anime-niac.

But only the web installer. The first one displayed a message informing that I should have a version of Windows from Server 2003 or backwards to get it installed... Strange, since the web one did the trick very well...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help.

"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1293