MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Diet Go Go Fan
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/06
Send PM

can't get to gameplay in the Super Famicom Box sets
#359824 - 10/22/16 05:21 PM

I know the sets are marked "machine not working", but there are pictures of gameplay at Progetto Emma. The games must have been playable for those snaps to have been taken. When I run the sets in MAME 178, I just get unreadable menu screens.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: can't get to gameplay in the Super Famicom Box sets new [Re: Diet Go Go Fan]
#359827 - 10/22/16 08:04 PM

> I know the sets are marked "machine not working", but there are pictures of gameplay
> at Progetto Emma. The games must have been playable for those snaps to have been
> taken. When I run the sets in MAME 178, I just get unreadable menu screens.

I don't have MAME (and Famicom set softlist) at the moment, however the "unreadable menu screens" are probably telling you to switch the diskette's side. Famicom diskettes are double sided.

EDIT: Wait, Super Famicom Box? I had a brain fart. I though you were referring to Famicom Disk System. I'll take a look when I get the chance.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: can't get to gameplay in the Super Famicom Box sets new [Re: Diet Go Go Fan]
#359828 - 10/22/16 09:06 PM

> I know the sets are marked "machine not working", but there are pictures of gameplay
> at Progetto Emma. The games must have been playable for those snaps to have been
> taken. When I run the sets in MAME 178, I just get unreadable menu screens.

I seem to recall that Kale had been making changes to how the video overlay chip is emulated, which handles the menu text. It could be that his changes broke it, or it simply has become broken over time due to not many people looking at it. Can you provide a screenshot? A picture is worth a thousand words. Just press F12 and boom, a PNG arrives in your snaps folder. Register and upload it to Imgur, which allows hotlinking and is minimally invasive.

Diet Go Go Fan
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: can't get to gameplay in the Super Famicom Box sets new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#359832 - 10/23/16 02:37 AM Attachment: pss61.zip 2 KB (7 downloads)

> > I know the sets are marked "machine not working", but there are pictures of
> gameplay
> > at Progetto Emma. The games must have been playable for those snaps to have been
> > taken. When I run the sets in MAME 178, I just get unreadable menu screens.
>
> I seem to recall that Kale had been making changes to how the video overlay chip is
> emulated, which handles the menu text. It could be that his changes broke it, or it
> simply has become broken over time due to not many people looking at it. Can you
> provide a screenshot? A picture is worth a thousand words. Just press F12 and boom, a
> PNG arrives in your snaps folder. Register and upload it to Imgur, which allows
> hotlinking and is minimally invasive.

I have tried MAME 178, and 148, and I can't leave the attached screen no matter what button I press. The screen is the same for all of the Super Famicom Box sets, including running the bios alone.

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

#359838 - 10/23/16 08:51 AM

I believe the answer by Tafoid in the following MT bug is what your looking for in terms of explaining why there are screenshots of those games: http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=4867

Diet Go Go Fan
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: can't get to gameplay in the Super Famicom Box sets new [Re: Osso1]
#359846 - 10/23/16 04:40 PM

> I believe the answer by Tafoid in the following MT bug is what your looking for in
> terms of explaining why there are screenshots of those games:
> http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=4867

Thank you for explaining that for me.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 710 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1325