MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Double Feature Night at Gat's!
#358271 - 09/03/16 07:02 PM

A double penetration of harrowing Blu-ray excitement on the big screen!

Playing Flash Gordan

Followed by Buckaroo Bonzai!

Cocktails, pixels, and pinballs immediately following the show.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Just yesterday or the day before, I was thinking about Flash Gordon.... new [Re: GatKong]
#358290 - 09/04/16 02:17 AM

First, the '79 Filmation cartoon, in connection with 80s animations, and then my thoughts went to the movie. My dad took us to see it. Having seen Star Wars, and Empire that summer, I was disappointed with the special effects and all that. Nor was I into the sound track. Some of the death scenes were affecting, though.

Buckaroo Banzai was totally B (or C) movie. Not my thing. My buddy loved it, though. Maybe I should go back and watch it..in entirety this time....

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: Double Feature Night at Gat's! new [Re: GatKong]
#358291 - 09/04/16 02:45 AM

> A double penetration of harrowing Blu-ray excitement on the big screen!
>
> Playing Flash Gordan
>
>
> Followed by Buckaroo Bonzai!
>
>
> Cocktails, pixels, and pinballs immediately following the show.

FLAAAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH, He's a miracle!

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

JWJr
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/15/04
Send PM

Re: Double Feature Night at Gat's! new [Re: GatKong]
#358295 - 09/04/16 05:42 AM

My son just got me the BR for Buckaroo for my birthday. Raised him right, apparently.

Spoilers from the "making of":

[your last chance to look away]

...the first two choices to play BB were Tom Hanks (rejected by the studio because "he's a TV guy, and will never make it in movies") and Michael Keaton (rejected by the studio because he wanted a 3-picture deal).

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Double Feature Night at Gat's! new [Re: JWJr]
#358299 - 09/04/16 11:38 AM

> My son just got me the BR for Buckaroo for my birthday. Raised him right, apparently.
>
> Spoilers from the "making of":
>
> [your last chance to look away]
>
> ...the first two choices to play BB were Tom Hanks (rejected by the studio because "he's a TV guy, and will never make it in movies") and Michael Keaton (rejected by the studio because he wanted a 3-picture deal).

Besides the irony of the studio's sentiment about Hanks - he right about the same time, or shortly thereafter, being picked up for Bachelor Party, a real-er movie than BB, and then Splash, which became fucking huge - I thought, even as a kid, that Hanks' talent was obvious.

Although - it's interesting to note that right after Bosom Buddies (I've been watching the episodes, lately.....the days of smart comedy), Hanks did Mazes and Monsters - where he plays a teenager! (It was google-suggested during a search and locate for Dungeons and Dragons ('83). I recalled it was certainly TV movie, and I picked it up. Cute, but goofy, as in cheesy and then gets waaay too serious.)

Keaton already had Mr. Mom under his belt, which was big enough, and is a fabulous movie. I'm surprised he was that interested in BB, and I suspect was brokering for something better after it.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2052