MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Movie backlog checklist: Prometheus done.
#357991 - 08/26/16 01:26 AM

"Oh, it's a terrible movie because there's this inconsistency, so it can't fit into the Alien timeline!"

Close enough.

Maybe Ex Machina next, or Interstellar if I can get into a proper frame of mind for that. Yeah, the good and bad are all in one list, did RIPD a few days ago, though I had to work for that one. Still having trouble tracking down the last 11 Ghiblis.

Renegade
Got No Where Else to Go
Reged: 10/01/03
Send PM

Re: Movie backlog checklist: Prometheus done. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#358013 - 08/26/16 11:49 PM

I found Ex Machina to be pretty decent. A nice modern twist on say a Frankenstein type story line. cant say much without giving away the plot but worth a night of viewing on a rainy nite with a bag of popcorn....

But suicide squad is a definite watch, if you haven't seen it yet. Its one I will buy.

Only here to annoy...

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Movie backlog checklist: Prometheus done. new [Re: Renegade]
#358014 - 08/27/16 12:08 AM

> But suicide squad is a definite watch, if you haven't seen it yet.

If it's been in theaters in the past... decade or more... I haven't seen it until it's come out on some video format. I'm not going to torrent a movie recorded on someone's phone. I mean, I put a BluRay player in this PC.

I do forget to add things to my list. I recently checked off all the Marvel Marvel movies out to date, but none of the others, and the DC ones aren't on there because I get distracted by other things when I touch my browser. I have to search for lists to add to the list....

Edited by TriggerFin (08/27/16 12:09 AM)

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

#358031 - 08/27/16 07:03 AM

Interstellar......just read the Wiki page. Or just the premise....cos it's fucking bollocks, every bit of it.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Movie backlog checklist: Prometheus done. new [Re: Traso]
#358043 - 08/27/16 08:11 AM

> Interstellar......just read the Wiki page. Or just the premise....cos it's fucking
> bollocks, every bit of it.

Yes, it is, I know.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#358130 - 08/30/16 07:53 AM

> > Interstellar......just read the Wiki page. Or just the premise....cos it's fucking bollocks, every bit of it.

> Yes, it is, I know.

It doesn't have ta be, though. It's so easy to come up with a decent story, that wouldn't lose even the average person. But the kids....and even the writers are popcul kids.

cyberdman
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/04/06
Send PM

#358140 - 08/30/16 10:09 PM

> If it's been in theaters in the past... decade or more... I haven't seen it until it's come out on some video format. I'm not going to torrent a movie recorded on someone's phone. I mean, I put a BluRay player in this PC.

Agreed, but nowadays it is taking less than 6 months for a movie title to be released on the home format - probably due to, in part, all the pirating.

cyberdman

cyberdman
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/04/06
Send PM

Re: Movie backlog checklist: Prometheus done. new [Re: Renegade]
#358141 - 08/30/16 10:10 PM

> But suicide squad is a definite watch, if you haven't seen it yet.

Many folks were very harsh on this film, but I thought it was a fun ride.

cyberdman

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Movie backlog checklist: Prometheus done. new [Re: Traso]
#358239 - 09/03/16 12:21 AM

> > > Interstellar......just read the Wiki page. Or just the premise....cos it's
> fucking bollocks, every bit of it.
>
>
> > Yes, it is, I know.
>
>
> It doesn't have ta be, though. It's so easy to come up with a decent story, that
> wouldn't lose even the average person. But the kids....and even the writers are
> popcul kids.

Well, having watched it now knowing what to expect more or less while staying away from most spoilers, the worst thing about Interstellar was the very first complaint I'd heard about it. Never mind the many science fails, and the bit about love. The biggest issue was that I had to watch it with subtitles on, not for lack of understanding, but because most of the dialogue is just inaudible, even when not overpowered by music.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#358288 - 09/04/16 01:44 AM

> ...I had to watch it with subtitles on, not for lack of understanding, but because most of the dialogue is just inaudible, even when not overpowered by music.

That's always grim.

If the science fails, the story fails. If the science isn't necessary, then it shouldn't be in there.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 393 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1701